Changing Companions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Is it possible to change companions, f.e. make a man a woman? I think it's not simply possible to change the module_info_py with the module system (I have it and Python too) and set ".../Blood and Steel/" as destination, isn't it? I can add a new companion to native but what will happen in the mod? What do I need to change it in Blood and Steel?

It's totally possible to change Companions' sexes, names, facegen codes etc. with Module system.  See their entries in module_troops.py, read the documentation about what is to be changed.  Bear in mind that if you change this stuff, you generally have to start a new game to see it.

However, to make changes to their backstories, their initial conversations with you, etc., is quite a lot of work, though, and the mod doesn't use all of the things Native does, so that's a little more complicated.  Basically, with various caveats, the process of adding Companions is pretty much like it was in Native, though.

Thanks a lot. I just want to change sex and faces. I'm not accustomed to M&B modding (just started playing recently) and was not sure whether all the nice Blood and Steel stuff wouldn't disappear, if I use the module system.

Thanks a lot. I just want to change sex and faces. I'm not accustomed to M&B modding (just started playing recently) and was not sure whether all the nice Blood and Steel stuff wouldn't disappear, if I use the module system.
It will if you don't use the source that comes with the mod, see the /source directory in the mod's files.  But you can literally just drag-and-drop those files on top of wherever you've set up Module System and point the BAT file path to wherever you have Blood and Steel installed.

What about changing the faction that a companion, if promoted to a lord, will control?
You mean like, what troops they gather?  You can definitely change that, but it's a little complicated.  If you have the source set up to compile and have a clue about how all this works, I can explain it in brief- basically there's a script that gives them troops, and the script calls up troops that are specific to each Companion (which is not at all how it was done in Native).

Oh my, thank you again, xenoargh.  :grin:

I tried it with the normal module system, against my own logic, and, to no surprise, I got a vanilla game with a Blood and Steel intro picture.  :oops: Never saw that the source is given to us with the mod. Now it's easy to make own companions, I hope.

Back
Top Bottom