BL Coding Changing a Default Settlement Owner

Currently Viewing (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

TheREALHayster

Recruit
WBNWVC
Best answers
Is it Possible to change the default settlements owners to a different clan and if so can someone tell me how to do it?
Thanks

TheREALHayster

Recruit
WBNWVC
Best answers
yep. It is hanging the names correctly but not the owners. i have seen it can be fixed with C# coding but i dont know enough about it to work the coding in.

NPC99

Baron
M&BWBWF&SVC
Best answers
That's a shame. As you say, owners must be overwritten at game start by one of Bannerlord's dll files.

genrev0914

Recruit
Best answers
You must load it before the Sandbox module if you created a new module, or the other more direct way is, edit the original xml settlements.xml inside sandbox and make a backup in case you want to reset

genrev0914

Recruit
Best answers
the only way I know is you can drag the mods loading order on game launcher

take note that settlement ownership only applies on new game

Last edited:

genrev0914

Recruit
Best answers
I see, you can just remove the dependedModule

I tried just now and I have override the towns owner and prosperity, but the town’s name remains the same even though I changed it.

Edit: I have override the town’s name when I load it after Sandbox, but not the owner, while loading it before Sandbox will let you override the owner, but not the name.

Changes only takes effect after a new game, so if ever you edited the original settlement.xml, starting a game with it and save, and restoring it to original file will still let you keep the owner of town the last time you saved.

Though changing the town’s name can be done anytime.

Last edited:

TheREALHayster

Recruit
WBNWVC
Best answers
Removing it a s dependant module means i have to remove storymode as well and doing so causes a crash on campaign load