Changes in Leadership perks on the 1.5.5 beta branch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Having morale perks is pretty pointless. Leadership gives plenty of morale bonus. The only way these morale bonuses will be of any benefit, is if they add morale penalties the more troops you field, and some other morale losses.

I'm hoping that once all perks are done that they will go over all of them and tweak some of them. Some of them are overpowered, while some are lacking, some are just completely useless for what levels you unlock them. Most of the ealier perks are way more powerful than perks you can get near the end.

I got the answer, they will distribute disciplinary perk's effects to different perks on roguery. However it seems they removed perk before adding others. They will bring this perk back with a hotfix until others are ready.

I got the answer, they will distribute disciplinary perk's effects to different perks on roguery. However it seems they removed perk before adding others. They will bring this perk back with a hotfix until others are ready.
That's reassuring to hear. Thanks for the heads up.

Thank you very much for letting us know. I personally can't understand why features are removed long before they are replaced or redone and without ever a mention or explanation. I know this isn't your area and you're just helping out but TW as a company really needs to look at their priorities because it's clear that communication with players isn't part of it. This is the kind of stuff that frustrates players because we have no idea of what is going on.

Thank you very much for letting us know. I personally can't understand why features are removed long before they are replaced or redone and without ever a mention or explanation. I know this isn't your area and you're just helping out but TW as a company really needs to look at their priorities because it's clear that communication with players isn't part of it. This is the kind of stuff that frustrates players because we have no idea of what is going on.
Couldn't agree more.
We have rarely any idea where the game is going, and it's incredibly frustrating.

I do not love the Disciplinarian perk and I find it silly that you can turn bandits into nobles for some reason, but the complete loss of it is a bit much. I would have just rearranged the upgrade paths to common troops instead or something, and maybe add in special rogue nobles troops that be converted into nobles.

I tend to agree about not loving disciplinarian as an easy route to noble troops and in that it just doesn't make a lot of sense having bandits become nobles. I think I'd rather see a perk that unlocks higher-tier bandit troops that rival the noble lines. Also, maybe there could be a separate perk in the Charm tree that increases the likelihood that enemy noble troops will be knocked unconscious in battle instead of killed so that you could more convert them in higher numbers.

and get rid of the governor skills for the player
They could also nerf more perks to have multiple applications, like "clan leader, player/partyleader or governor". I.e., make most perks have separate applications for player/clanleader, player/partyleader; or governor. That would eliminate this sense of wasted perks. And make all/most perks useful to player or NPC's.

Since I guess pretty much everyone tends to use most of the relatively small numbers of Companions per clan level as governors instead of party leaders (despite the rarity of candidates with engineering skill), it does make it suitably hard for player to choose roles for highly skilled wives (Phaea, Liena) and companions. Which is good.

But as a player-centric game, Bannerlord does itself a disservice by making so many perks non-player.

They could also nerf more perks to have multiple applications, like "clan leader, player/partyleader or governor". I.e., make most perks have separate applications for player/clanleader, player/partyleader; or governor. That would eliminate this sense of wasted perks. And make all/most perks useful to player or NPC's.

Since I guess pretty much everyone tends to use most of the relatively small numbers of Companions per clan level as governors instead of party leaders (despite the rarity of candidates with engineering skill), it does make it suitably hard for player to choose roles for highly skilled wives (Phaea, Liena) and companions. Which is good.

But as a player-centric game, Bannerlord does itself a disservice by making so many perks non-player.
+1

I hold judgement on so many of these until we get Revolts, more fluid security and more fluid loyalty. It’s hard to call the house “****” when all you’re looking at is the framework.

Seeing what’s about to roll out makes what they’ve been focusing on (economy, clan interaction, renown building, reputation building) make a bit more sense. If those systems were as volatile as they were in March with revolts and houses switching sides, this game would have been a steaming hot mess versus the WiP we seemingly had.

Back
Top Bottom