SP - UI Changes I'd make to the troop commands menu with 1200 hours

Users who are viewing this thread

Aerational

Regular
F1 Menu: Scrap "move to position", as you just use LMB for this anyway, and remove "retreat" from this menu.
- f1 - "Follow me"
- f2 - "Advance"
- f3 - "Attack"
- f4 - "Pull back"

F2 Menu: Get rid of "scatter", and " column". "Shield wall" and "Skein" gets moved.
- f1 - "Line"
- f2 - "Loose"
- f3 - "Circle"
- f4 - "Square"

F3 Menu:
- f1 - "Face position"
- f2 - "Shield wall/ Skein" (Infantry/ Cavalry)
- f3 - "Hold position"
- f4 - "Face enemy"

F4 - "Hold Fire/ Fire at will"

F5 Menu:
- f1 - "Mount/ Dismount"
- f2 - "AI command"
- f3 - "Transfer"
- f4 - "Retreat"

This makes it so f5 is as far as you have to reach, and even then it will be like once in a battle as they are commands a player would rarely use. "Hold fire" is really the only thing that needs a single hotkey as it is the most common command players use on average. Putting things like "shield wall", "dismount", "AI command", etc on single hotkeys just feels too cluttered.

Ideally the menus would be fully customizable, with the ability to swap various commands to different menus or stand alone hotkeys of your choosing...but Rome wasn't built in a day and until then I think this layout I presented is a good all around fit for convenience and ease of use.

Not really sure what your point is?

My point is that with your suggestion (totally legitimate and valid for feedbacking) imho you are turning "upside down" a system that has been built up during the previous installments.

F1 Movement Orders F2 Formation OrdersF3 Fire Orders
BB88155AFD20E633AB30FB9350A8B4CF94753839
88CEEF1613B6AA34CC3419B9B420C1794EA4E817
88E4D386D37FD9BC4A94812B7AD4F5171F602909
Warband

For Wfas and VC the basic M&B functions are complemented by more complex tactical options

My point is that with your suggestion (totally legitimate and valid for feedbacking) imho you are turning "upside down" a system that has been built up during the previous installments.

F1 Movement Orders F2 Formation OrdersF3 Fire Orders
BB88155AFD20E633AB30FB9350A8B4CF94753839
88CEEF1613B6AA34CC3419B9B420C1794EA4E817
88E4D386D37FD9BC4A94812B7AD4F5171F602909
Warband

For Wfas and VC the basic M&B functions are complemented by more complex tactical options

I'm not turning anything upside-down I'm changing things for more convenience/ playability. Have you played Bannerlord? The current command scheme is horribly redundant and convoluted. I don't know why you are pointing to Warband when they aren't even the same layout...

I'm not turning anything upside-down I'm changing things for more convenience/ playability. Have you played Bannerlord? The current command scheme is horribly redundant and convoluted. I don't know why you are pointing to Warband when they aren't even the same layout...

Of course, you don't even have to consider my opinion. Sorry for the inconvenience, go ahead with your feedback.

Of course, you don't even have to consider my opinion. Sorry for the inconvenience, go ahead with your feedback.

Well I dunno when the last time you played bannerlord is but the command menu has become very inconvenient over the last couple patches. I wasn't calling for changing it at all before. I'm not trying to be defensive but but the pictures you are showing me are much closer to what I'm putting forward than it is to the current bannerlord layout imo. The current menu utilizes F1-F8 in most menus, that's just too much.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom