Change the name of towns/villages

Users who are viewing this thread

So I wanted to change some town names, so I found the parties.txt file and edited it, respecting the original form (_ for spaces for etc), pasted it back into the game directory but the changes don't seem to appear anywhere, especially on the map. What did or didn't I do right in order to have my changes appear in the game (mostly, I'm interested by the map)

diggitydiggity said:
So I wanted to change some town names, so I found the parties.txt file and edited it, respecting the original form (_ for spaces for etc), pasted it back into the game directory but the changes don't seem to appear anywhere, especially on the map. What did or didn't I do right in order to have my changes appear in the game (mostly, I'm interested by the map)
You'll need a new game to see changes to party names on map...and most places in game, for these stationary parties.

For stuff like this, it is easier to use the program Morgh's Editor (available in The Forge->Unofficial Tools) to do the .txt file editing for you, to be sure you don't make a mistake or break something.

I did start a new game but there's nothing, I also tried to create a module file including the edited .txt but that didn't help much either

Ah, right, right. Your changes are being overridden by the language .csv files, since the English is a translation and not the base language. If you have all the parties named correctly in parties.txt, you can delete the language\en\parties.csv file in your module's folder (I don't have it installed on this machine, I'm not 100% certain that is the file's name...but pretty sure.)

Back
Top Bottom