Change the Map

Should the Map receive major changes?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The current map has numerous problems:

1: Looks too similar, hardly any biome variation in most of calradia.

2: Makes gameplay difficult for certain factions (Sturgians) and provides certain advantages to others (Battanians)

3: Is not in line with the warband map whatsoever.

4: Colors are quite simply awful, the shade of green on the grass does not look good at all and you can really only count 3 colors on most of the map (ugly shade of green, beige, and grey)

I am personally in favor of returning to the old pre-release map, which had a more pleasing color palette and much greater biome variation, with the color of the land moving into a darker green as you move further north.

I prefer the southern sea on the new map but the northern part of the landmass definitely looks better on the old one. Turning Sturgia into a long corridor was a mistake imo. It's not going to get changed though, until the appropriate modding tools become available.

Agree about the colours too, everything looks sort of washed out or sun bleached.

Last edited:
Gotta be honest i dont like anything about this map nor faction icons. As said above the map has a washed out feel contrasted with very sharp Amway (cheap corporate) looking faction icons that look to corporate and out of place in a medieval setting -nothin about any of this feels medieval. Add to that the three Empire colors and abstract logo dont really register as distinct.

Plays and movies hire an important artistic position called a dramaturge - that being someone who studies and understands the history of the land, plot and characters and makes sure they all add up - the audience will never know the work a dramaturge has done behind the scenes but they are what makes these storied settings feel cohesive and believable.

TW could really use one.

The only, but huge problem I have with this map are the sea and huge lake.

There are no ships in the game, so they serve no purpouse other than creating an obstacle.
This is particulary a problem in case of Aserai, since their strenght lays in trading, and it takes only to block those few passages to greatly cripple their economy.

I would solve that problem by changing sea into mountain line, with numerous smaller, or bigger passes.

In case of Strugia I have several, personal ideas, which I would like to share here. Maybe they will give some ideas to someone on how to fix
rus-viking problem.

And the ideas are:
-Make Struggians travel faster through uplands.
-Change whole Strugia territory into mountain area.

Considering the fact that they're changing the way battle scenes are chosen by dissecting the map into a grid and having a different battle scene for each section, I kind of doubt they're going to make any significant changes to the map as they'll have to do that all over again :S

Gotta be honest i dont like anything about this map nor faction icons. As said above the map has a washed out feel contrasted with very sharp Amway (cheap corporate) looking faction icons that look to corporate and out of place in a medieval setting -nothin about any of this feels medieval. Add to that the three Empire colors and abstract logo dont really register as distinct.

Plays and movies hire an important artistic position called a dramaturge - that being someone who studies and understands the history of the land, plot and characters and makes sure they all add up - the audience will never know the work a dramaturge has done behind the scenes but they are what makes these storied settings feel cohesive and believable.

TW could really use one.
Agreed

I really don't like how they did Sturgia, Aserai, and to a lesser extent Khuzait lands as essentially their own little lands connected by an entrance on either side. It's such a pain to travel through or to them. Some of the smaller rivers around the map can be annoying when trying to travel as well and I wish you could just ford it at reduced movement speed or something.

Not because I do not wish it... but at this point I very much doubt that the campaign map is going to be changed in any significant way from now on and even more considering that they are working on the battle terrain system. That said, I at least expect an official beautification work on the final map version which should definitely be defined between the closest to Warband (cof move Sargot for god's sake cof) and the hipotetical naval system implementation (cof free dlc as redemption cof).

For those who want to read the feedback that Nalgasucia507 has brought up, click here.

The maze-like region around Saneopa should have at least minor changes. There is also a river near Lageta and Rhotae that could use a brigde or two.

They tried to use terrain to artificially make the map seem bigger. It didn't turn out that well.

Gotta be honest i dont like anything about this map nor faction icons.
I agree, but....
Not because I do not wish it... but at this point I very much doubt that the campaign map is going to be changed in any significant way...
I also agree......

SO yeah I don't like it, but I think they kinda locked in and have too much other stuff to work on (I ****ing hope they work on I mean....).

Maybe some cosmetic changes to icons and coloring of the map could help without making too much work in other departments.

Back
Top Bottom