Change that would make the game a lot better

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know why, but the game now feels slower but faster in the same time. I love the Clan thingy. That you have your own vassals (clan members) even as a Lord and Not King, the fact that everyone has smaller armies is better and that they combine to have the actual armies. But even with this, the game is still moving so fast. Im in the day 480 in my game, and Southern Empire conquered more then half of the world. This game isn't the type of game that should move fast, the world shouldn't all be conquered in 40-100 hours of gameplay. It should take way longer, because if it goes so fast, why does it matter that we can have kids and make a name for our family? It won't matter at all because we'll conquer all the world till we get older.

So my point is. We need to slow down the game without making it boring.
Here are some of my ideas:

- Once per month in gametime, as a Lord or king, you should have to go to your castle or city, and answer to villagers requests. Which if answered correctly, the said towns from which the villagers or nobles came, will have improved relationship to you and also improve the economy of the said city/village.
Make it as a scene, where once a month we gave to go to the town and stay there a few days, answer the people, make the time go faster, and if we don't do it, the morale of people go down and the economy and relationships will go down with our towns.

- another idea would be to make the AI a lot less agressive. Make them not attack others except if the army of one lord is at least 50% bigger or better. Because Lords wouldn't usually attack each other if they don't think they can win.

- Make lords and kings etc, stay more time in towns, they only stay in towns to sell slaves and recruit, which takes around 5 seconds. They should stay at least a day for those things.

- Make lords and us get tired, have our armies tired, after some time, so that we have to either make camp, or go in a town and wait.
This would be great, because other lords would make camps (make it like in warband) and we could ambush them like in real History. It would be awesome.

Overall. I love the game. I already have 40 hrs in it. And it's in everything better then warband. It feels amazing to have big battles. But please slow it down. I don't like how easy it is to finish the game because it breaks immersion. I'm also playing with everything on realistic.

I don't like that it doesn't matter at all that we won't even have a family. I hopes bannerlord would be slower and more realistic then warband. But even warband didn't go this fast.
Lords recruit too fast, they should as said above, take a day from each recruitment to "convince" them to come with you. This would be great.

Please make it like real history. Where big battles and huge sieges were at least a year apart. I don't want to play 50 hrs in this game and conquer all the map.

I played 40 hrs out of which 10 on multiplayer. So in 30 hrs singleplayer, 70% of the map is conquered. Not acceptable. I'll have to take my character from the savegame file and put it in a new save to play again...

Thanks for reading my first thread. Much love!

Please make it like real history. Where big battles and huge sieges were at least a year apart. I don't want to play 50 hrs in this game and conquer all the map.
I like this idea to a certain sense. There should be a bigger risk besieging right now I fell like they can gather 300+ troops to take a castle in no time.I'd like the idea of when you lose troops it actually has an effect so to speak. Right now if you lose troops you just go to the village and get more. However this needs a lot of work and not done right there will be a ton more snowballing issues. I think a less aggressive ai like you are suggesting would work fine for the time being. However. In my game I am fighting Battania and we are going back and forth capturing each other castles then we lose it and then take it back, Meanwhile the Southern Empire has conquered all of Khuzait land.There just needs to be a bigger effect of the casualties and more peace overall

I like this idea to a certain sense. There should be a bigger risk besieging right now I fell like they can gather 300+ troops to take a castle in no time.I'd like the idea of when you lose troops it actually has an effect so to speak. Right now if you lose troops you just go to the village and get more. However this needs a lot of work and not done right there will be a ton more snowballing issues. I think a less aggressive ai like you are suggesting would work fine for the time being. However. In my game I am fighting Battania and we are going back and forth capturing each other castles then we lose it and then take it back, Meanwhile the Southern Empire has conquered all of Khuzait land.There just needs to be a bigger effect of the casualties and more peace overall
True. I feel like everything it's too fast. I love the game so much. But I really don't want me to finish the game so fast. Id rather just do my best and then my children or grandchildren be the ones that become kings etc. I want it to make more sense to the real world history. This game isn't for everyone so they shouldn't make it for casual players that wanna finish it fast.

Are you talking about that one faction snowballed the map? If so, then they're already working on it. It's pretty high demand from many of us.
Not only that. Read my whole thread. The snowballing effect is a big issue. But even if that's fixed, it will still be too fast for a game like this. Warband was fast but it didn't matter coz clans weren't a thing, family wasn't a thing, kids weren't a thing. So if your kingdom conqueres everything untill you get old. What will you do playing with your kid? It won't matter anymore that you have kids.

My main suggestion right now, I think the food system is quite broken, towns almost NEVER have food, and are always losing prestige which in turn makes them lose even more food. I think that should be balanced.

My main suggestion right now, I think the food system is quite broken, towns almost NEVER have food, and are always losing prestige which in turn makes them lose even more food. I think that should be balanced.
I didn't really get to that point. I only have a town and some villages so idk.

Never happend to me, might have negative food for a while but it usualy turns around fairly fast :/

Not only that. Read my whole thread. The snowballing effect is a big issue. But even if that's fixed, it will still be too fast for a game like this. Warband was fast but it didn't matter coz clans weren't a thing, family wasn't a thing, kids weren't a thing. So if your kingdom conqueres everything untill you get old. What will you do playing with your kid? It won't matter anymore that you have kids.
I had to re-read it. Yes, you're right. nothing to say then.

Back
Top Bottom