Change Player Faction Color

Users who are viewing this thread

Sethlans

Recruit
Is there some special way to do this for Brytenwalda? I've changed the "player_supporter_faction" in the 'factions.txt', both manually and with Morgh's tool, and it does not change from the red color. I've started a new game each time I've tried it.

Is it just not possible for Warband anymore?

Please and thanks for any help.

I believe the correct line is:
0 fac_player_faction Player_Faction 0 11184810

and the last numbers - in blue - is the colour code. Here's a link to other colour codes (HEX).
http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

Adorno said:
I believe the correct line is:
0 fac_player_faction Player_Faction 0 11184810

and the last numbers - in blue - is the colour code. Here's a link to other colour codes (HEX).
http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

No that is just the color for the player's party, which is gray. Thank you anyway.

Idibil said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1220328.html#msg1220328

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1225711.html#msg1225711

I cannot believe that I missed those. I am embarrassed and sorry. Thank you very much Idibil. I will have to try those tomorrow. Thanks again!

Sethlans said:
Idibil said:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1220328.html#msg1220328

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1225711.html#msg1225711

I cannot believe that I missed those. I am embarrassed and sorry. Thank you very much Idibil. I will have to try those tomorrow. Thanks again!

np, m8. It is a pleasure help.

Alright, I believe I've tracked it down, just in case anyone else wants to know. The overriding reference that I guess actually dictates your Kingdom's color is in the 'presentations.txt' file, the numbers '16711680' under 'prsnt_name_kingdom 0 53 2'. If you change '16711680' to whatever color, it will show up in game I guess.

Thanks again to Idibil and Adorno for their help.

Sooo, did it work Sethlans? How did you test this after you changed it?

Looking for a way to change my kingdom's color as well...

EDIT:

I tested it to the best of my ability and it seems to work. Would be good to have confirmation though. Changed the color in factions.txt after "0 fac_player_supporters_faction Player's_Supporters 0" as well, but I'm not sure that this was necessary.

And thanks a lot Sethlans! So far it looks cool!  :grin:

myname said:
Sooo, did it work Sethlans? How did you test this after you changed it?

Looking for a way to change my kingdom's color as well...

EDIT:

I tested it to the best of my ability and it seems to work. Would be good to have confirmation though. Changed the color in factions.txt after "0 fac_player_supporters_faction Player's_Supporters 0" as well, but I'm not sure that this was necessary.

And thanks a lot Sethlans! So far it looks cool!  :grin:

It did work for me. I posted it here after I started a new game and was able to get 'Feldgrau' as my color. I don't think changing the 'Player's_Supporters' reference matters much, as the 'Presentations.txt' reference seems to override it.

Sethlans said:
It did work for me. I posted it here after I started a new game and was able to get 'Feldgrau' as my color. I don't think changing the 'Player's_Supporters' reference matters much, as the 'Presentations.txt' reference seems to override it.

Yes it really works in a great way, finally I can get rid of that annoying bloody red :mrgreen: I haven't found any info on how I could actually get such a "color code", the website posted earlier in this thread only offers RGB and HEX color codes, which both don't work in the  presentations.txt . Well they do work, but I only get blueish colors...Does anybody know how I could get a yellowish tone? What would be the code for it? Thanks for your answer :smile:

Mastermind said:
Sethlans said:

Yes it really works in a great way, finally I can get rid of that annoying bloody red :mrgreen: I haven't found any info on how I could actually get such a "color code", the website posted earlier in this thread only offers RGB and HEX color codes, which both don't work in the  presentations.txt . Well they do work, but I only get blueish colors...Does anybody know how I could get a yellowish tone? What would be the code for it? Thanks for your answer :smile:
Those color codes are actually just the decimal conversions of the hex RGB values. Use any scientific calculator to make the conversion.

By the way, I got the color change to work on my saved game, by uninstalling, then re-installing brytenwalda and then changing the color code to the desired color in the presentations.txt , then loading up my saved game and changing my kingdom's name which actually triggered the color change.

andristan said:
By the way, I got the color change to work on my saved game, by uninstalling, then re-installing brytenwalda and then changing the color code to the desired color in the presentations.txt , then loading up my saved game and changing my kingdom's name which actually triggered the color change.

How DO you change your faction's name by the way? I searched for a way to do it but I guess I missed it.

andristan said:

Overkill... all you need to do is to change your kingdom name after you edit the presentations.txt file.

Most of the information how to change your kingdom's color is already in this thread. Basically what you need to do change the presentation file and the script file.

Sethlans said:
Alright, I believe I've tracked it down, just in case anyone else wants to know. The overriding reference that I guess actually dictates your Kingdom's color is in the 'presentations.txt' file, the numbers '16711680' under 'prsnt_name_kingdom 0 53 2'. If you change '16711680' to whatever color, it will show up in game I guess.

Thanks again to Idibil and Adorno for their help.

Captain_Octavius said:
IMPORTANT!!!

You also need to replace the same colour code (16711680) in Scripts.txt, under the line activate_player_faction -1, or else you risk getting the vanilla red colour after all!

The above fix only worked for me the first time. I then joined another faction again because I wasn't ready for my own Kingdom yet, and then when I was ready and rebelled again, I got the red colour. So I kept searching until I found this fix.

A few color codes to change to are here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,149899.msg3605264.html#msg3605264.

State your problem with the current build as well as what version you are playing.

Have you tried TweakMB?
That will allow you to change colors visually for all submods of this game.

Help guys my name changed from wihte into red and all my lords running away from me, i'm their king. what happen ? how to fix it ?

Back
Top Bottom