Change cooldown timer on repeatable quests in Waband?

Users who are viewing this thread

garrys84

Recruit
What I want to do is change the repeatable quests, specifically from village elders, to 1 day instead of the 20-30 day cooldown time. You can't do that specific quest anywhere in the world for that time period. I've been trying to do this for like 2 days of doing nothing but digging. TweakMB is outdated is doesn't work anymore to do this. I can't find a mod out there that just does this, I don't want all the other added things like more quests or anything, I just want this one little tweak. Does anyone have a clue where this little bit of code is in the files? I can't find it, but I think it's either in quests.txt or more likely conversation.txt I don't know though.

This makes the game unplayable for me because I'm extremely impatient and I don't want to wait a month in game to be able to do another quest. I want to go max out my relation towards all of the rhodak villages so I can get troops easily and take over the world with my sergeant and sharpshooter army.

kalarhan said:
download the modsys (game source) https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,240255.0.html

open module_scripts.py

see script "get_quest", find the quests you want to modify and change the value for the variable ":quest_dont_give_again_period" on each one.

Code:
(assign, ":quest_dont_give_again_period", 100),

So I run the latests version of Diplomacy with my game and I can't have more than one module running at one time. I managed to create a new module and figure all that out so if I wanted to, I could just run vanilla Warband with the modded quest cooldown timers but I want to run Diplomacy as well.

So how can I mod the Diplomacy files to change the cooldown timers? Are the Diplomacy ModSys files out there somewhere where I can just go in and mod the quest_dont_give_again_period? Is there a place where I can download the source code for the mod?

Edit: NVM, the source code was in the .zip file, I just didn't look hard enough, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom