SP - General Change Clan Tier limit from 6 to infinite

Users who are viewing this thread

When it came to the RPG elements and different character development metrics, in both Mount&Blade and Mount&Blade:Warband there were never any visible restrictions: be it honor, 99 limit of which was hardly reachable any time after creating a character, 63 STR/AGI/INT/CHA which one would (in most cases) only ever get by using something like Cheat Engine or Art Money, and even reaching 460 points in a weapon was not a limit and getting over that limit always felt great.

But in Bannerlord there are A LOT of limits which you can reach very early in the game (I would have argued for Attributes/Skills being one of them, but that's off-topic), some of which, after they've been maxed out, completely disappear from players perspective of "Things that develop my character". Be it not being able to be "The greatest lancer/trader/smith in Calradia - because, well, the limit is fairly easy to reach for both you and companions, revoking you of the title "One and only" when your companions get to that limit, too, or, more to the topic at hand, not being able to make the greatest Clan ever as one of your goals, just because in 100s of playthroughs you've reached Clan level 6 in the first 10 hours of those playthroughs, making you stuck at an arbitrary number of 9 companions, just to make it 10 with We Pledge our Swords perk (which makes it a no-brainer anyway, as if it never existed) and results with you having almost two times fewer companions then in previous games, where it had already felt not enough because they were arguing all the time, but you also had to make some of them focus on specific party skills before doing what you want with them in terms of equipment.

In Bannerlord it's even worse, and let me explain:

You have 10 slots.
Preferably, one has to be a Quartermaster
One a Surgeon.
And one an Engineer.

That leaves us with 7.
Some
of them you would want to lead caravans, but having less then 5 already makes the passive income hardly noticeable (I personally usually go all-in and am left with no party members in the end to make the perks in Trade stat count), which would leave you with from 0 to 7 people left in your party, depending on how many you would want to lead caravans.

Assuming your party has every type of unit in battle
One goes to lead Ranged troops
One goes to lead Footmen
One goes to lead Spearmen
One goes to lead Melee Cavalry
One goes to lead Ranged Cavalry
and this is assuming you don't have distinctions like Lancers, Shock Cavalry/Footmen, Crossbowmen, Heavy/mid/light armor and many others which I loved having myself, including just having several different faction troops in one party (which some would argue is morally not efficient).

Which leaves you with 2.
2 people that you have to save
for leading parties, so you can't really make them your personal guards, you can't put them into cities narrow allies as bandit leaders, nor can you make them cool overpowered units wearing the dientical with you armor and weapons that hack and slash together with you, or roleplay as Twelve Knights of Whatever, because the maximum number of companions is 10, and plus you - makes it 11. No City/Castle Lords, no companions to meme with.

Please, consider making the Clan Tier infinitely levelable. Yes, the game may break like with having 10k deserters in older games when reaching high renown, but the sandbox aspect is what makes it fun.

If you want to grind for having tons of companions - you should be able to. That - would be your choice.

When it came to the RPG elements and different character development metrics, in both Mount&Blade and Mount&Blade:Warband there were never any visible restrictions: be it honor, 99 limit of which was hardly reachable any time after creating a character, 63 STR/AGI/INT/CHA which one would (in most cases) only ever get by using something like Cheat Engine or Art Money, and even reaching 460 points in a weapon was not a limit and getting over that limit always felt great.

But in Bannerlord there are A LOT of limits which you can reach very early in the game (I would have argued for Attributes/Skills being one of them, but that's off-topic), some of which, after they've been maxed out, completely disappear from players perspective of "Things that develop my character". Be it not being able to be "The greatest lancer/trader/smith in Calradia - because, well, the limit is fairly easy to reach for both you and companions, revoking you of the title "One and only" when your companions get to that limit, too, or, more to the topic at hand, not being able to make the greatest Clan ever as one of your goals, just because in 100s of playthroughs you've reached Clan level 6 in the first 10 hours of those playthroughs, making you stuck at an arbitrary number of 9 companions, just to make it 10 with We Pledge our Swords perk (which makes it a no-brainer anyway, as if it never existed) and results with you having almost two times fewer companions then in previous games, where it had already felt not enough because they were arguing all the time, but you also had to make some of them focus on specific party skills before doing what you want with them in terms of equipment.

In Bannerlord it's even worse, and let me explain:

You have 10 slots.
Preferably, one has to be a Quartermaster
One a Surgeon.
And one an Engineer.

That leaves us with 7.
Some
of them you would want to lead caravans, but having less then 5 already makes the passive income hardly noticeable (I personally usually go all-in and am left with no party members in the end to make the perks in Trade stat count), which would leave you with from 0 to 7 people left in your party, depending on how many you would want to lead caravans.

Assuming your party has every type of unit in battle
One goes to lead Ranged troops
One goes to lead Footmen
One goes to lead Spearmen
One goes to lead Melee Cavalry
One goes to lead Ranged Cavalry
and this is assuming you don't have distinctions like Lancers, Shock Cavalry/Footmen, Crossbowmen, Heavy/mid/light armor and many others which I loved having myself, including just having several different faction troops in one party (which some would argue is morally not efficient).

Which leaves you with 2.
2 people that you have to save
for leading parties, so you can't really make them your personal guards, you can't put them into cities narrow allies as bandit leaders, nor can you make them cool overpowered units wearing the dientical with you armor and weapons that hack and slash together with you, or roleplay as Twelve Knights of Whatever, because the maximum number of companions is 10, and plus you - makes it 11. No City/Castle Lords, no companions to meme with.

Please, consider making the Clan Tier infinitely levelable. Yes, the game may break like with having 10k deserters in older games when reaching high renown, but the sandbox aspect is what makes it fun.

If you want to grind for having tons of companions - you should be able to. That - would be your choice.
I'm currently working on a mod that increases the Max Clan Tier.

Progress:

c5r6riW.jpg

be it honor, 99 limit
it wasn't limited at 99. maybe it was limited at 300 or not at all.
Your character's honor starts at 0, and can range from -99 to +99 (except in Warband where the range is greater).

i do agree. limits should be removed. clan tiers can be set to scale exponentially with renown forever.

they should bring back renown decay too. as blood gryphon suggested

i perfer if they, at the very least, split troops limit from clan tier and make it directly tied to renown like in warband. that way, you'll constantly see a trickle increase as you gain renown not big sudden increases at each clan "level up".

it wasn't limited at 99. maybe it was limited at 300 or not at all.
I tend to confuse values all the time, been playing since the demo version that came out on a magazine CD in my country and so much has changed since then. Still tho, the idea that these are hard to reach and it makes it feel like an achievement if you get close to these or reach as high of a value as possible.

To be fair, you also get your older brother, two kids and your spouse so its +4, but I do agree. I feel as tho bannerlord is just all about restrictions. Like requiring a clan level to become a vassal or make a kingdom etc... The game needs to feel more sandboxy

Back
Top Bottom