Change apperance

Users who are viewing this thread

I was struck by how damned ugly the faces are in the game.  And then I thought about it and realized that people probably were pretty rough looking back in the 9th century.

These NPCs are also pretty stocky looking.  I know it's popular to think of Vikings built like bodybuilders but I would expect people to have been a bit less buff in those days.  Wiry, lean, and strong but not looking like they go to the gym and lift every day.  LOL.

Redleg said:
I was struck by how damned ugly the faces are in the game.
Everybody I've seen looks like everybody else's ugly cousin. Everybody looks the same.

It's like they chose a basic head frame that then produces very little variation. It completely breaks the immersion, because everybody's a clone, with only a different hairstyle. If you're going for immersion, you totally lose it because of this. Every single person I see reminds me that I'm in a videogame (and a dated one at that).

Then you add in all this over-the-top steroid bodybuilder body type (not types, type), and it's like I'm back in Skyrim!  :lol:

Redleg said:
I was struck by how damned ugly the faces are in the game.  And then I thought about it and realized that people probably were pretty rough looking back in the 9th century.

These NPCs are also pretty stocky looking.  I know it's popular to think of Vikings built like bodybuilders but I would expect people to have been a bit less buff in those days.  Wiry, lean, and strong but not looking like they go to the gym and lift every day.  LOL.

They all have abnormally giant chins too. eugh.

Back
Top Bottom