Chamber guide for dummies

Users who are viewing this thread

What is a chamber?
Chamber is blocking your opponent`s attack by attacking in a certain timing

how do I do it?

overhead and thrust attacks

Position your weapon right in front of your enemy`s sword. Trying to chamber while you are face to face with your opponent is not possible (shown in the video)

side attacks

just time it lol
moving away from the enemy`s direction of attack helps and makes your attack land faster

side notes
-inverse helps a lot
-some clips of the video have no sound due to my terrible taste in music
-timing differs according to the speed of weapons

enjoy

Last edited:
Nice that that's being brought up again. Chambers were one of the most satisfying things in Warband but quite hard to pull off. Always hoped they would get more accessible in Bannerlord *sigh*.

Hope TW might still add functional chamber machanics but it doesn't look like it atm.

Chambers are one of the things that worked in warband but in bannerlord dont. Chambers are not really worth doing since they are unreliable as ****

For me the problem isn't that I don't know how it works, the problem is, that, compared to warband, I cannot do them reliably at all. Either I don't get something or TW needs to make them easier to pull off somehow.

Realible but not reasonable. Fun mechanics, but not for "competitive" coz of heavy risc and easy to counter with 0.1 second swing delay.

I put out a challange:

Who is the first who can chamber 10/10 attacks from an NPC in singleplayer?
Being able to do that against a predictable opponent without ping is the base condition fo it to function in multiblayer.

Find it interesting how everytime the chamber connects in the video the opponent wouldn't have hit anyways :sad:

I also ask myself: with the purely collision based apporach that is currently implemented for blocking and chambering, how would you implement reliable chambers?

@TW, can you please give us an affirming post telling us that chambers are coming back? We are missing them?

Left side swing to chamber a right side swing I can catch about 9/10 times because this seems to be the easiest type to get the collision.. Every other swing combination has too many issues to be viable

Yeah I think our definitions of reliable differ here, these are reliable if you are in X position, enemy is coming from Y, and if you are inverse. Reliable to me means, you can fluidly work them into normal combat, as in Warband. The attack animations are just too awkward, combined with the very narrow hitbox trying to represent physical contact of the weapons only.

I put out a challange:

Who is the first who can chamber 10/10 attacks from an NPC in singleplayer?
Being able to do that against a predictable opponent without ping is the base condition fo it to function in multiblayer.

Find it interesting how everytime the chamber connects in the video the opponent wouldn't have hit anyways :sad:

I also ask myself: with the purely collision based apporach that is currently implemented for blocking and chambering, how would you implement reliable chambers?

@TW, can you please give us an affirming post telling us that chambers are coming back? We are missing them?
Challenge met; however, I'd like to extend the challenge to anyone at Taleworlds. @Callum

I doubt there is anyone in the office who can perform 10 consecutive chambers from all four directions.

As it stands, I believe that going for a chamber is akin to spamming a second swing. A gamble of a move which cannot be performed with confidence because of the inconsistency and randomness. The slightest deviation in range from the opponent throws everything off; not to mention all of the different weapons and their individual timings. For example, I can somewhat consistently chamber the 2hander in the arena, but must relearn the timing when I fight the 1hander. It just doesn't "feel" intuitive like it did in Warband.

My suggestion is to simply extend the window of time required to perform a chamber. I do not think that the stances are necessarily problematic and do not find getting into the correct stance to be too difficult.

I hope that this challenge will bring the much needed attention to fixing chambering, as it is a vital component of the combat system. If anyone wants to try the challenge, I suggest watching Spartan Gaming's video on chambering. Good luck and let me know what you guys think!

Challenge met; however, I'd like to extend the challenge to anyone at Taleworlds. @Callum

I doubt there is anyone in the office who can perform 10 consecutive chambers from all four directions.

As it stands, I believe that going for a chamber is akin to spamming a second swing. A gamble of a move which cannot be performed with confidence because of the inconsistency and randomness. The slightest deviation in range from the opponent throws everything off; not to mention all of the different weapons and their individual timings. For example, I can somewhat consistently chamber the 2hander in the arena, but must relearn the timing when I fight the 1hander. It just doesn't "feel" intuitive like it did in Warband.

My suggestion is to simply extend the window of time required to perform a chamber. I do not think that the stances are necessarily problematic and do not find getting into the correct stance to be too difficult.

I hope that this challenge will bring the much needed attention to fixing chambering, as it is a vital component of the combat system. If anyone wants to try the challenge, I suggest watching Spartan Gaming's video on chambering. Good luck and let me know what you guys think!

Now try it with not 0 ping and against a player who isn't stuck in a corner and does spins. That's my challenge, 3 chambers for that.

try doing that against a real player instead of a bot lol

Wow, I'm impressed.

Good points also. I think the difference to a second swing is that you can always decide still to block in the last moment.

Back
Top Bottom