Chamber / Chambering times

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello. Is there a way to change chambering times/periods for weapons in any way? Not much of a coder but i am hoping editing some kind of xml(xsl) file might do this. I am asking this to increase active chambering period which player can react to stop incoming attacks easier by just using attacking in the right direction.

Actual idea is to change fighting mechanics and let the player to do attacking and defending by only using attack button and change blocking button/skill into something different like dodging skill granting invinsible-frames while playing a dodge animation; but that is ofcourse after figuring out how to make chambering easier-natural way of blocking first. Thanks in advance.

---

Edit: Found it. It is in native_parameters.xml in module data folder. Look for
<native_parameter id="minimum_anim_strength_for_chamber_block" value="x"/>
<native_parameter id="maximum_anim_strength_for_chamber_block" value="x"/>

Did a bit of quick testing, it still feels random.

Last edited:
Does anyone actively use chambers nowadays? It seems to be a dead mechanic atm which is a shame because it enhanced the entire gameplay in so many ways.
Some cav charging you with a couch-attack? It's not a death sentence if you can chamber it properly.
Some guy spamming you with a fast 1h weapon and feinting nonstop? You don't have to join his little silly dance and may even punish him for that tactic.
Even hold attacks currently have no real use in battles, because those used to be the hard counter for chambers, so in the end we loose two ways how to engage an attack in a melee fight.
All I see right now in multiplayer is people spamming and feinting attacks; that's the entire combat. The risk-reward-ratio of chambers is just too high to be used properly in a battle, and honestly as Swordsman said, even with practice it still feels very random and unreliable.
I know that Multiplayer hasn't really been getting as much love as Singleplayer did, but adjusting the chamber mechanics a bit and making them easier to use (or a bit more similar to warband) could give the entire combat system so much back.
There is not a single day where I play multiplayer and think to myself "god I wish I could have chambered that." :razz:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom