MP Chamber blocking is non-functional

Users who are viewing this thread

Chambers are seriously a mystery I don't understand why the physicality has been introduced. seriously this system is unusable. literally WHY?

people need to stop deluding themselves into thinking TW has devised some superior more skillful chambering system. It is literally impossible, and I guarantee NONE of the developers can chamber consistently. hitting a chamber currently requries LUCK and not skill. this is ridiculous

I'm not exactly an old-schooler when it comes to M&B but I've played quite a few action games like Dark Souls, Soul Calibur, and the like. I do have some experience when it comes with timed mechanics. As far as I can tell, there doesn't NECESSARILY need to be any wonky physical-contact of weapons. When at the training ground I can semi-consistently chamber block the veteran. I have even had one or two that I used in arena tournaments in the campaign. From my observation: the window is just unreasonably small for the amount of reward it gives. Maybe I'm just ridiculously lucky with my positioning, but it doesn't seem related. It seems more that there's just plain not a big enough window to perform the technique.

I'm not exactly an old-schooler when it comes to M&B but I've played quite a few action games like Dark Souls, Soul Calibur, and the like. I do have some experience when it comes with timed mechanics. As far as I can tell, there doesn't NECESSARILY need to be any wonky physical-contact of weapons. When at the training ground I can semi-consistently chamber block the veteran. I have even had one or two that I used in arena tournaments in the campaign. From my observation: the window is just unreasonably small for the amount of reward it gives. Maybe I'm just ridiculously lucky with my positioning, but it doesn't seem related. It seems more that there's just plain not a big enough window to perform the technique.
Try again in Multiplayer, I can chamber reliable in SP no problemo. In MP i train it for a few days getting a hang of it slowly but it seems to be not as reliable as in Warband.

Yes, I agree with OP! Please fix chamber blocking! Maybe increase the collision tiles of the weapons, so that when at least your timing is correct, your efforts wouldn't go to waste. Currently chamber blocking is a really unreliable system, be it in MP or SP.

Obviously I agree with you Noudelle, just posting to say what I quoted from your OP below made me chuckle as it's applicable to so many of the combat elements. :lol:
This overcooked system needs to be entirely dumped if Taleworlds ever want chambering to be a mechanic that can be relied upon. It's at the moment an inherently inconsistent system due to the insane number of variables that go into the equation. Variables that no one here as regular human being can account for.

After reading the whole comments (like literally all of them) I have a few points I'd like to discuss ...

So the "main problem" I see in pretty much all comments is that it was simpler in Warband, and all masters of this trade are now helpless vis a vis this new system categorized as "a degree of precision that is extremely hard for anyone to achieve".

The fact is I've seen many times people claiming that Chambering is something that gives the possibility to have a skill-gap between people, so how is this system that is, as everyone said, much harder to use or land not better ? It will give people a serious skill gap between those we can master it and those who cannot. Yes it may be hard but the harder it is the better it shows the skill of an opponent when he can Chamber.
And not to add that it is more realistic than simply time your attack and get the right direction.

I know it's hard for veterans to have their habits crushed I had my lot on other games, but it's only fair when we are going towards greater things. They did not do that to say "****'em multiplayer god from Warbands".

Ho and on the topic that now "you only do it by accident" well in a sword fight (or whatever) it happens.
Anyway so now only true masters of the combat will be able to do it, maybe only sometimes with the right weapon type. And I am sure youwill get around.

See my above post

To be quite honest you call this system inconsistent because it is different from Warband chambering. If you are a god at Warband chambering, congratulations; you are the man! Anyways, this is is a different game and I see no point in changing this because most importantly each weapon is different. Different speed, different length and so on. If the ability to chamber depends on certain factors like the abovementioned that doesnt make it inconsistent. It is different from Warband thats all.

To infer, it is more realistic, and thats exactly what TW intended to create.

To be quite honest you call this system inconsistent because it is different from Warband chambering. If you are a god at Warband chambering, congratulations; you are the man! Anyways, this is is a different game and I see no point in changing this because most importantly each weapon is different. Different speed, different length and so on. If the ability to chamber depends on certain factors like the abovementioned that doesnt make it inconsistent. It is different from Warband thats all.

To infer, it is more realistic, and thats exactly what TW intended to create.
That might be good for SP (although artistic license still might want to be considered), but not for MP, which is what this subforum is about. The game features matchmaking and competitive game modes.

I don't know how often "chambers" actually happened in real medieval battles, but the specific nature of how they happen in Bannerlord doesn't seem convincing from a realism standpoint anyhow.

I agree with your point of view. In real medieval battles the chambering is probably a lot less likely to happen from a realism standpoint. However, if you compare the Bannerlord system to the Warband system, the Bannerlord system comes closer to reality anyway. What these people are asking for is to implement something that is really not neccesary to be there. They want to be able to train and master chambering and this way outskill their enemy. I totally understand but this is nowhere near the realism factor we talked about. In any case, there is always this factor of luck (Yes, also in real life medieval battles).

Realism is great when it comes to these types of games:

61c16xaQ85L._SX385_.jpg

However, the more you increase the factor of luck, the worse it is as a competitive MP game.

I'm not even sure if Bannerlord's chamber mechanics were designed with realism in mind. They might have been applied to provide what is theoretically a deeper combat system, but it's taken so far that it's unfortunately not practical (unless anyone can prove otherwise).

I agree with your point of view. In real medieval battles the chambering is probably a lot less likely to happen from a realism standpoint. However, if you compare the Bannerlord system to the Warband system, the Bannerlord system comes closer to reality anyway. What these people are asking for is to implement something that is really not neccesary to be there. They want to be able to train and master chambering and this way outskill their enemy. I totally understand but this is nowhere near the realism factor we talked about. In any case, there is always this factor of luck (Yes, also in real life medieval battles).
Keep these realism arguments out of the multiplayer aspect of the game please. Gameplay should always trump realism.

So if a game dies in 8 months but it’s realistic it’s a success? I gotta disagree there
I agree with you. To be fair, in order to be realistic of course, our MP characters should have to first participate in some training for a certain period of time prior to participating in any engagements or sieges right? Might be a nice idea to prevent players from joining siege for 10 months so that they can practice their melee skills, after all that's more realistic right? :wink:

I agree with you. To be fair, in order to be realistic of course, our MP characters should have to first participate in some training for a certain period of time prior to participating in any engagements or sieges right? Might be a nice idea to prevent players from joining siege for 10 months so that they can practice their melee skills, after all that's more realistic right? :wink:
You know the best part about realism is that we should be able to select our own gear, huh

People are jumping to conclusions that this game won't be a success with its current form of chambering. Firstly, in my opinion this game is already a big success (I have enjoyed like 200 hours already and cant wait custom servers). Secondly, there are people that think this current chambering system is totally fine (it just needs finetuning and possibly some small changes).

Why dont you guys make a poll and see what people actually think about this?

This game won't die in 8 months, regardless of how chambering works :razz:

To those who are saying that making it luckier adds realism: There is a historically accurate technique called "Single Time Counter." A parry and then riposte is a Double Time Counter. Should it be difficult? Yes. Should it be luck? Absolutely not. For citation I will provide a video.

To those who are saying that making it luckier adds realism: There is a historically accurate technique called "Single Time Counter." A parry and then riposte is a Double Time Counter. Should it be difficult? Yes. Should it be luck? Absolutely not. For citation I will provide a video.

Agreed

Funny, that section at 2:18 is exactly how most bannerlord fights feel like right now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In Bannerlord chambering mechanic is realistic because our weapons should collide to each other. But we don't have enough control on animations to make them collide. From Warband I am used to fast blocking and in Bannerlord doing fast blocks makes your animations useless at defending. Not allowing fast blocking with this realistic feature that our weapons should collide is a really good improvement. I started to condition myself to learn this animation based system. When it comes to chambering in Bannerlord you cannot be successful by learning animations and you cannot make your hand move to the enemy's weapon because the animations are bad. To fix this issue Taleworlds can do a lot of things but all solutions change the combat mechanics a lot and will imbalance other things or sacrifice realism too much. Good luck Taleworlds :smile:

Back
Top Bottom