Challenging army leaders to single combat

Users who are viewing this thread

Buffmanly

Recruit
Like the title states. The thought is to challenge army leaders to single combat or for army leaders or party leaders to single you out for a duel in the midst of a pitched battle. depending on charm relationship and personality traits in lieu of the armies battling . just wondering if this is going to be in the game or in a mod already?

This is actually a thing that happened in history, though not as much in medieval europe there's lots of accounts of the Moors doing it for example. Isabella of spain expressly forbade her knights to fight the moors in single combat because she lost to many of them that way. Polybius the greek historian also mentions the Romans during the Macedonian Wars doing this occasionally.

It's not as ridiculous of an idea as some people in this thread would like to make it sound. Though it still probably doesn't fit the game's tone as much.

It's not as ridiculous of an idea as some people in this thread would like to make it sound.
To clarify a bit on this, why the replies were trolly/non responsive, it is because the thread was originally posted in wrong section of the forum. It was actually posted in the multiplayer tournament organization section, so replies were reflecting that I guess, and not the actual suggestion or topic of the thread.

To clarify a bit on this, why the replies were trolly/non responsive, it is because the thread was originally posted in wrong section of the forum. It was actually posted in the multiplayer tournament organization section, so replies were reflecting that I guess, and not the actual suggestion or topic of the thread.
Oh I'm just stupid

Heraclius killed Persian generals in single combat in prelude - to - battle " call out " duels.
I would indeed enjoy indulging in such a feature ( on some occasions ).
I support the OP, great idea, hope it gets up, for a bit of colour.
( Success should greatly boost your army's morale for the ensuing battle )

Hell, we basically got that in the tutorial, didn't we? Pretty sure the game just paused for the enemy leader to talk to you, but still.
Even having a pre-battle scene where the enemy leader may ask for a duel instead of a battle, or the player can initiate it would be nice.

I mean it's essentially implemented for Bandit Chiefs already thanks guys I didn't realize that post this in the wrong place because I might be stupid

Back
Top Bottom