Challenge - post your best battle win records

Users who are viewing this thread

I am sure many of you guys have the thrill to win a battle with less troops, with less causalities, because you win it with better tactics, with higher tier troops

so here's my challenge, please post your best battle win records, where you have smaller troop size, and beat a bigger army, like 100+ VS 200, 300+ or something.

here's my recent one, 187 VS 234 with only 12 dead :smile:

My 400 Battanian Fian Champions do eat armies. Took on a Khuzait army that was 900 strong... their horsearches melted away, their cavalery shot down aswell (I usually split them up into 4 groups... yes ONLY Fian army).

My 400 Battanian Fian Champions do eat armies. Took on a Khuzait army that was 900 strong... their horsearches melted away, their cavalery shot down aswell (I usually split them up into 4 groups... yes ONLY Fian army).
any specific battle tactics? just have all foot archers??
the Khuzait horse archers are the worst nightmare, they will just circle around and kill all your infantry

Considering how many players use cheat console, also that there are so many settings afecting diffculty of the bttles - this challange doesn't make much sense... Hard to compare vanilla game version without cheats at realistic settings with modded, plus army created from console on easiest settings. Also number of battle participants matter - the lower the number, the bigger player advantage...

i spent alot time hunting bandit forest to try make fian champions ..good fun tbh..now they are at garrisons...i use mainly cavalary..

More of a personal flex - just over 100 personal kills in a 900 vs 900 battle, who needs tactics? Just swing your long pole left and right and it's all good.
Max difficulty, of course. Wasn't the first try though.
FbqdBzM.jpg

you are not familiar with Fian Champions it seems.
but 400 of those? multiple parties? cause 370-380 is a cap i believe
i was running with 500+ just for the fun..my god that was insane to watch lol...and they are pretty good with melee combat

i spent alot time hunting bandit forest to try make fian champions ..good fun tbh..now they are at garrisons...i use mainly cavalary..

unbelievable..... OMG how the hell you only die 2 and wound 3 and kill 1600+ enemy??

that's impossible?? how ??? how would that possible??my head just exploded??

even all your units are top elite, there's absolutely no way you only die 2,
some times I have 200 VS 100 and I will die 2.

haha all cavalary sturgian druzhinnik champion/ imperial elite cataphract and that pinch of khuzait khan´s guard (160 unity)..easy :razz:

any specific battle tactics? just have all foot archers??
the Khuzait horse archers are the worst nightmare, they will just circle around and kill all your infantry
No not really, you put the archers in their way, with my ownbowskill they have higher accuracy, penetrate armour and +30 bowskill.
Positioning is also pretty important, taking the highground, hiding on the left side on the maps forests, having the mountain side on your left etc. Horse Archers ALWAYS come towards your Left Flank. Therefore I quickly move my archers towards the left flank. Horse archers just melts away.

Currently runing around with a Sturgian twohander+bow, current army is 65 Empire Palatines and 40 Sturgian Heavy Axemen. They all throw and shoot, the Horse Archers go down.
Threw this army vs a 150, vassal Korte of the Khuzait. She had 55 Horse Archers. Welp they cant horsearcher around a lot when they and/or their mounts are dead. I lost 10 guys.

I was scared of Khuzaits once. However big battles with huge armies can be very chaotic IF you are not in command. I tend to stay out of those or Auto-resolve (when we have the advantage)

you are not familiar with Fian Champions it seems.
but 400 of those? multiple parties? cause 370-380 is a cap i believe
Oh yeah, I got 2 companions which I have meticualisly given fian champions to. Though the grind of getting almost ALL villiages relations up was veeery annoying. Scoutperk Water Deviner helps. Runing around with my own little Clan army. Also annoying when they companions give troops to cities garrisons and recruit madly from the villiages.

Considering how many players use cheat console, also that there are so many settings afecting diffculty of the bttles - this challange doesn't make much sense... Hard to compare vanilla game version without cheats at realistic settings with modded, plus army created from console on easiest settings. Also number of battle participants matter - the lower the number, the bigger player advantage...
Hah, cheating. Screw that. Though it does become very annoying in the late game where I am now. We still got Khuzait, Aseri and Southern Empire to defeat. And the computer AI for taking cities, castles makes me go "Do I have to do this all by myself?". That save (age 42 battanian girl) was also before the Khuzait nerf, so Battania own about 65% of the map, but it is very tedius work.

Have a rather similar save with Vlandia, still the same thing there, Khuzait dominates 30% of the map...ish.

However on my recently started playthrough with Sturgia, hah, Aseri has taken two of their towns, we have taken Makeb and 3 of their most outlying fortresses. N.Emps gave Khuzait a great beating at the start.

Last edited:
No not really, you put the archers in their way, with my ownbowskill they have higher accuracy, penetrate armour and +30 bowskill.
Positioning is also pretty important, taking the highground, hiding on the left side on the maps forests, having the mountain side on your left etc. Horse Archers ALWAYS come towards your Left Flank. Therefore I quickly move my archers towards the left flank. Horse archers just melts away.

Currently runing around with a Sturgian twohander+bow, current army is 65 Empire Palatines and 40 Sturgian Heavy Axemen. They all throw and shoot, the Horse Archers go down.
Threw this army vs a 150, vassal Korte of the Khuzait. She had 55 Horse Archers. Welp they cant horsearcher around a lot when they and/or their mounts are dead. I lost 10 guys.

I was scared of Khuzaits once. However big battles with huge armies can be very chaotic IF you are not in command. I tend to stay out of those or Auto-resolve (when we have the advantage)

your foot archers are very difficult to match with Khazait horse archers, they will circle around your infantry
I have tested many times, and fail many times

so far, the best tactics I found is, battle start, move foot archers to center, loose formation, then I will lead my horseman and horse archers to the left flank to fight back the horse archers

but stop chasing them when their HA retreat back to their infantry, bec their foot infantry will cause damage on your horse man

then slowly move your archers and infantry forward to attack enemy infantry.

normally I would said, I only attack Khazait army with size 1.5: 1. for example, 900 VS 600
to ensure I have minimum causalities

1:1 ratio should always avoid, there's not point to suffer so much causalities.

your foot archers are very difficult to match with Khazait horse archers, they will circle around your infantry
I have tested many times, and fail many times

so far, the best tactics I found is, battle start, move foot archers to center, loose formation, then I will lead my horseman and horse archers to the left flank to fight back the horse archers

but stop chasing them when their HA retreat back to their infantry, bec their foot infantry will cause damage on your horse man

then slowly move your archers and infantry forward to attack enemy infantry.

normally I would said, I only attack Khazait army with size 1.5: 1. for example, 900 VS 600
to ensure I have minimum causalities

1:1 ratio should always avoid, there's not point to suffer so much causalities.
You have tested it? I´ve been doing it for 20 years in game (and on several other saves) on my longest run, how come it works for me?
Been doing it with all archers (except Sturgian Veteran Bowman, they suck). Heck I can do this "Put Archers on Left Flank" thing with Khuzait horse archers.
It even worked in Warband vs Swadian Knights with Rhodoks. If you have failed then you are doing something wrong. I should prolly set up some recording and show you what happens in my fights. It´s all about positioning of your troops.

120 Khuzait horse archers? Yeah 80 Vlandian Sharpshooters says otherwise. Bye bye horses and their rider.

A recent game, 48 Horsearchers. vs 76 mixed aserai, khuzait and imperial archers
06ci9kY.png

One of my more long games. Just look at the positioning
Vw54KcG.png

And last from the first pictures save, do you see the mountain on my left flank? 67 horse archers vs 76 mixed aserai, khuzait and imperial archers. The horse archers ran forward, they ran back 3-4 times and they were only 13 of them left, no casualties so far. We lost 2 sturgian recruits when the small unit of cav got through
KDm0Qhp.jpg

This even works in a more open battlefield, just start moving your archers to the Left and observ the enviroment! :smile:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom