Chainmail/metal armor?

Users who are viewing this thread

kingduskwolf

Recruit
I've noticed that I can't seem to find any armor better than some studded leather type stuff other than helmets and some chainmail grieves I took from mountain bandits, are they restricted to only being made/sold for nobles or people of high status? Also Id like some armor smithing to go with the weapons we can make.

I've found some chain and lamellar, but only in the southern Empire cities, after about two weeks of game time.

All other towns I've visited, especially Battanian towns, have wretched selection.

On the plus side, the tournament prizes are now very cool.

Only the empire cities sell heavy armors, tier 3 is max in others i think, except for some helmets etc.

A new mod you can find on nexusmods fixes this for me anyway.

Last edited:
I've found some chain and lamellar, but only in the southern Empire cities, after about two weeks of game time.

All other towns I've visited, especially Battanian towns, have wretched selection.

On the plus side, the tournament prizes are now very cool.
Oh so tournaments can reward some good armor?

and sad about battanian armor, I really want the fiann's armor it looks sick.

On a side note is it just me or is pole arm swing damage too strong? Im getting 120+ damage from swinging a voulge that only has 35 cut in its stats.

Unfortunately much of the maille armor in the game is garbage armor value wise and little better than the leather armor you'll find in fact. Armor variation on a whole is pitiful and much of it simply unviable for use unless you fancy being one-shot by a dane axe with any torso hits. The only T3 "maille" armor the Vlandians even have for example is a coat of plates - that's it. There's not visual variants of this armor, not any alternatives of the same armor level like a hauberk with a surcoat, cuir bouilli over maille, scale vests over maille, etc.

Oh so tournaments can reward some good armor?

and sad about battanian armor, I really want the fiann's armor it looks sick.

On a side note is it just me or is pole arm swing damage too strong? Im getting 120+ damage from swinging a voulge that only has 35 cut in its stats.

The tourneys seem to give (possibly) unique, named weapons, and some interesting armour bits I haven't seen in any stores. I just won an armoured bear fur cloak in a tourney in Battanian lands -- bloody thing gives as good armour as most chain mail.

They really need to do something about consistency of item stats in relation to their appearance and what they're supposed to do. Leather boots with metal plate over the shins somehow offers less protection that shoes with cloth wrapping over the shins. :neutral:

As for the Wolfskin armours -- yeah, they look fantastic. I don't know that it's possible to get them short of picking fights with those groups... which is very unfortunate, if one wants to play as a part of the Battanian faction in the first place.

There are a lot of excellent looking armors that are in the game that can't be acquired through shops -- but they're clearly there because you can view them in the item list in cheat mode, and/or see NPCs wearing them.

Finally got a chain shirt after taking out a sea raider hideout.

It's trash. It's several times heavier than studded fur, worth about 10x as much gold, but has comparable chest and arm protection... But has a heavy amount of leg protection, despite the fact that the chain doesn't come much lower than the hips.

I randomly chanced upon some Highland Mercenary armour which has been the best armour I've found so far, found it about mid-game just off some random bandit hideout. Since then my campaign is nearly over and I still have the same armour.

That's version 1.0.1? Not seeing anything new. I got my armor from a Southern Empire Store. Once I formed my own kingdom (Which was broken as I can't get influence at all) I did get some ok armor from bashing a Northern Empire army. Some of that armor was an improvement over the noob armor my companions were using. Not sure how a Chain shirt with an armor rating of 8 happens, or cloth shoes that are vastly superior than chain or plate boots, but in Calradia is does.

I wore my Noob leather shirt for the first 1/3rd of the game. lol Welcome to Early Access

Has the update fixed the issue for you guys? I still see no armor other than basic cloth armor, even after weeks of ingame time since the patch.

Has the update fixed the issue for you guys? I still see no armor other than basic cloth armor, even after weeks of ingame time since the patch.

I am having this issue where-as when I had modded the game manually removing the MP only tag the armors spawned properly. Augh.

Looking through SPITEMS.XML (Sandbox Core > Module Data) I see one parameter under each item:
appearance="1.6" and I'm seeing ranges from like 0.1 to 3. Is this a factor? I don't know.

What I am seeing is stuff flagged "multiplayer_item="false""

I'm going to experiment by removing those flags, as thats what I recall I did when I edited it earlier pre TW update. I'll make that edit, test, and post results in like 45 mins.

Back
Top Bottom