Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

Chiprel

Sergeant
Summary: First of all it would be great for player to be able to enable/disable chat censor (even make it enabled at first if you feel the need for it). If it's handled server side I guess we can't have nice things..
Anyway.. In studio you decided to censor some words.(I'll use some bad words for the sake of examples). ******, nig are censored and that's ok with me.(althrough I would disable whole censoring if I could, but I can live with this).

Problem comes with this that your censor doesn't check for "[space]******[space]", "[space]nig[space]", it checks if 'banned word letters" are in another word. Then we get some problems.
When I type: "good night", in chat i can see "good ***ht" as game censored world "nig" from "night"

Did you guys ever tried typing: "mount and blade: bannerlord" in chat? You'll get "mount and ****e: bannelord".

No idea what blad means and in what language it's bad word but sometimes when you try chatting with people, random words/letters get censored. I see you tried to make some exceptions. For example word "ass" is censored. Now I dont remember but one of those 2 words work: class or classes. Other one comes with nice asterixes. As for "good night", "goodnight" ain't censored(exception) but "good night" is displayed as "good ***ht", world "night" is exception too if I recall right.

Can we get this terrible censor out? Just make it so it censors "[space]nig[space]" instead of "good night". Making exceptions doesn't really work as we can see. You didn't even think about adding to exceptions your own game name..

PS. In mp community, we really had some fun that You censored Your own game name.
Having Your own game name censored kinda shows how TW works..
Noone seemed to report this annoying behaviour for months so here it goes at last. /salty_mode_out.

How to Reproduce: use chat in game

Last edited:
Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
At the very least, all Class Names, Weapon Names, and Orders need to be added to a white list. It is very annoying to not be able to tell your friends that the Savages are going to be attacked by Knights with Bastard Swords.

Back
Top Bottom