[CC]: Age of Blackpowder: Calradian Colonization(DEVELOPMENT CONTINUED 12/6/10!)

Which time period do you want this set in?

• 1600s

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • 1700s

Votes: 21 45.7%
  • 1800s

Votes: 18 39.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Banastre

Sergeant
UPDATE: I will be continuing this mod now! After quitting MM, I'll finally have time for this old project once more. Look for a new patch coming sometime in October!

DOWNLOAD THE BETA HERE: http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1564

After seeing several un-used fixes for various bugs in the mod, I decided to make an edited version. I haven't edited out all bugs yet, but I plan to soon. I've used as many realistic names as I can, and though several of the names aren't from the 1800s, they still are at least realistic, and have some realistic features (Banastre Tarleton, for example, has a green officer uniform as that is what the real-life Banastre wore in combat).

It is 1803. a large island off the coast of Scandinavia, called 'Calradia', has been discovered by Russian trade ships. The island was quickly colonized by several nations' newly-formed trading companies:

1. Great Britain: Central Calradian Company:

Their units are the best shots in the game (second only to Finnish Marksmen), and they possess average melee stats. All-around powerful, but their weakness is low unit numbers and weak cavalry. Vassals consist of English, Scottish, and Irish units. The Company forces are led by Sir Arthur Wellesley.

2. France: Compagnie de la France:

Though the Company possesses average infantry, their Polish-origin cavalry dominate the field, and their vicious lancers can prove a dire threat. French regulars and infantry, though not nearly as good of shots, are slightly superior in melee to British infantry also. Their forces are led by Joseph Bonaparte.

3. Russia:

The Russians' strength lies in their unit numbers. Their infantry are very poor shots, their Cavalry are weak in melee and used for skirmishing, but their Grenadiers can decimate enemies in melee. Their sharpshooters, Cossack Jaegers, are among the best shots in the game. This faction got a well-needed nerf. Cossacks are no longer Russian Rambos, and Streltsy are now poor infantry, not super-humans, as they were historically.

4. Austria:

No changes made yet.

5. Svea:

Average infantry and cavalry with no real strengths or weaknesses. Their strength lies in their elite Carolean units, and their marksmen are unmatched in ranged combat.

Changes made:

Russia finally nerfed

Great Britain finally doesn't get destroyed around every turn by enemies, and they seem as aggressive as the other factions now, whereas before they would rarely attack unless for a raid.

Units now have more realistic stats

Several castles and forts' names changed to give more of a new colonial feel

Most vassals now have realistic names

Most, if not all typos fixed

More typos correct

Several upgrade paths made more realistic

Cossack Infantry replaced with Cossack Hillmen. Weak in melee combat, they are Russia's sharpshooters, with over 200 Firearms stats.

Current Bugs:

Sweden recruits too many Finnish Marksmen.

France recruits too many Lancers/Light Infantry.

Russians still seem to be a bit overpowered.

Several typos still exist.

Some fort names are for incorrect factions (One Russian fort I saw had a British fort's name due to editing the wrong castle, and on a few of the Barracks castles I accidentally spelled it "Baracks".

French Lancers may be a bit overpowered.

Austria has had no changes yet. I feel they are quite balanced right now, but still.

More changes to come.

So far, I've noticed some major differences in gameplay. Great Britain and Russia made peace early on and Great Britain finally isn't getting wiped out at every turn, though they do lose battles at times, as do all factions. British troops finally don't feel like they're weak, and their infantry and Hussars especially are deadly to weaker troops. Russia finally loses battles also. I will make all unit stats more realistic in the final upload, so it isn't just Great Britain getting more realistic stats.

I'm planning to upload this soon, but I think if I simply copy the Module it will carry over my save games, etc., so I'm not sure right now what to do.

Updates as of this post:

More typos correct

Several upgrade paths made more realistic

Cossack Infantry replaced with Cossack Hillmen. Weak in melee combat, they are Russia's sharpshooters, with over 200 Firearms stats.

So apart from a major-ish troop tree rework and bugfixes, anything new? Good luck anyway.

Oh and the Kalmar Union was pretty much defunct by 1600.

I can't get this add-on to work.  :sad: Can anyone help me? I extract the "Age of Blackpowder - Realm of Reveloution 0.9.8.1" folder and everything in it to the modules folder just as the readme tels me to do but the game decides to use original version and nothing from the add-on. Please help.

Was your original Age of Blackpowder RoR Installation a clean one? (i.e. no mods/addons/patches of any sort)

OK, just so I don't make any mistakes. Am I supposed to put the add-on folder in the modules folder as the readme says or in the AoB RoR folder? :???:

"Current Bugs:

Sweden recruits too many Finnish Marksmen.

France recruits too many Lancers/Light Infantry.

Russians still seem to be a bit overpowered."
about this.. I don't think you can change the France and Sweden problem without the Module System
and the russian thingy.. well.. that is a fact. whatever you do they end up overpowered..

Back
Top Bottom