Caveman paints: Screenshots / art / Signatures / Fan site (new screens and sig)

Users who are viewing this thread

How were you able to use Polished Landscapes with Brytenwalda? I've only ever been able to use the graphic submod.

Here are some screenshots from this great mod.

The Caveman
4yEM7.jpg

Soup!
duSzZ.jpg

Bandits are attacking to this poor village
FzQPR.jpg

Yay, bandits are gone, cookies and cheese to everyone!
kHApW.jpg

So, why is the rum gone?
tUK_m.jpg

Is that wild boar? Can i eat it?
sd1oa.jpg

How you three see any mammoths or sabrecats lately?
fiBR4.jpg

Lol'd at the fatass, but that makes me wonder. Were there actually any fat people in the dark ages? I figured it was a time of constant physical harships, regardless of the social status.

Still, not proposing them to be removed. They rock. :wink:

YourStepDad said:
Lol'd at the fatass, but that makes me wonder. Were there actually any fat people in the dark ages? I figured it was a time of constant physical harships, regardless of the social status.
A peasant and soldier's diet was very healthy because it just consisted of the basic fruit & veg with bread, so there was little chance they would become fat. If anything, nobles, lords and kings would become fat.
But it's nice to have different physical appearance instead of the boring slender and fit shape used in Native.

A peasants diet...healthy? :lol:

Honestly, I don't know much about the diet of the dark ages, though something tells me it was healthier. In feudal middle ages, a peasant could not hunt, as forests were the property of your feudal lord. Hunting would be poaching, and punishable by death. Fish was a luxury inland, and I wager coastal peasants did not see much of it either. They ate grain soup or onion soup day in and day out, possibly some fruit, yeah. Still not nutritious enough.

It's highly possible that they ate better in the dark ages, though there are more factors to consider. As for the nobility getting fat? Nah. Not Dark Ages.

And yes, I definitely agree. It's pretty hilarious and made me chuckle in surprise the first time I saw it.

Here are two screenshots, considering this is a screen shot thread and all. Didn't manage to kill any in the end, they got away.  :oops: (Right click, view full size)
mb2.jpg
mb3.jpg

I met this today, it like me.

Author: Miyaoka Hitchcock

Here:

Brytenwalda Factions map:

7318469600_9f4c25f5e9.jpg

Brytenwalda [Mount & Blade: Warband] - factions (Britain A.D. 636) por Miyaoka Hitchcock, en Flickr

7335572212_d15a397b93.jpg

Troops trees:

7335478112_69499a0ebe.jpg

7335478294_96fef72396.jpg

Brytenwalda TroopTree Irish por Miyaoka Hitchcock, en Flickr

Brytenwalda TroopTree Angles por Miyaoka Hitchcock, en Flickr

Brytenwalda TroopTree Saxons por Miyaoka Hitchcock, en Flickr

Brytenwalda TroopTree Jutes por Miyaoka Hitchcock, en Flickr

Brytenwalda TroopTree Frisii por Miyaoka Hitchcock, en Flickr

Brytenwalda TroopTree Women por Miyaoka Hitchcock, en Flickr

Brytenwalda TroopTree Outlaw & Mercs por Miyaoka Hitchcock, en Flickr

I dont know that Brytenwalda was in japanish. Thank you Miyaoka by your good pictures.

YourStepDad said:
Why does nobody play with Polished Landscapes?

Such a waste.

I'm replying to this almost a month later. But, here goes.

I have all graphics settings set to low so that I can size battles for 500 units. Pretty fun being in battles of up to 500 units. I may try to push it to 750 to see if it works.

I am using a i5 2500k cpu @3.3ghz, 8gb Ram, and a 460gtx nvidia card. This is probably considered higher end (not the greatest or anything) and it chugs a lot with 500 units in battles. The only way I can manage those sized battles is by forgoing awesome mods like polished landscapes and other graphics settings.

edit: what kind of rigs do you guys use to get the polished mods and high graphics settings working?

I have a slightly similar rig:
intel i7 970 - 3.2 ghz.
12 GB RAM - 1600 mhz.
Geforce GTX 570
Win7 64 bit.

Graphic settings at max.
My battle size is only about 200, and even then it can lag in sieges.
But I also don't tolerate any lag at all  :smile:

I doubt you'll be able to get a higher battle size without lag, not in Brytenwalda.

I decided to try out enlisting with some Britons. Can't remember his name, but he had a dragon on his banner.

So fun playing within a big army as just a little peon. It is terrifying, actually. The formation AI in this mod is amazing.
If you get carried away you can be left behind in the middle of battle! Have to get some better action shots. I'm usually
kind of preoccupied when the best times to screenshot come up.

34fd54bf3855b6374f91ea63ae0d4ceea6899eb3.jpg

And some weird naval combat:

9035f5d49abded03643eaddba4c878a5263d6093.jpg

Both of the boats spawned on top of each other.

Back
Top Bottom