Cavalry penetrates Circle and Square formation at will without any significant loses, goes through the whole formation and goes out another side

Users who are viewing this thread

Even cavalry without lances, even singular raiders, easily penetrate "Circle" and "Square" 400-500 man formations of heavy speared infantry, kill archers inside, goes though and goes out another side. Soldiers are not active, 90% of the time simply standing and waiting for their doom not being able to stop even singular raiders when in 500 heavy infantry man circle.

Contrary - when speared infantry uses common "charge" AI behaviour it's a lot harder to kill by mounted warriors actively fighting mounted enemies.

It's a balancing / AI behaviour issue to be adressed.

Thanks for your work.
cheers

I used square yesterday thinking it would be a cav destroyer, I lost 74 elite troops to around 50 vlandian cavalry because they were running through unchallenged cutting heads off

Yes, it's because of the AI - speared infantry do not attack raiders with their spears, they are simply standing 90% of the time only very rarely trying to jab with their spears.

Spear infantry with simple "Charge" orded is very hard to defeat for any melee cavalry.
Tight defensive formation should make spear infantry harded to defeat, not easier.

It's an early access though.

Last edited:
On shieldwall formation they stop them, but like 1 time out of 10. I think horses need a spear blow to get stopped, without that they just push them. Also happens with infantry, it's like the AI just order its troop past your formation and they're able to walk through peacefully and then kill everyone from the rear.
Lost several battles to 200 recruits vs 150 tier max troops because of this, it's bs. In Warband NPCs coudn't past trough each other like this, they need to bring that back

Back
Top Bottom