Cavalry Needs a Nerf

Users who are viewing this thread

Cavaly would be more balanced if it was more warband like. It needs to get reared way more often, lower horses' health, and make couching like warband. Add a couch timer and fix the hitboxes. The only improvement over warband is bumb stabs and ww/ss keys.

Is it instant? With insta-couching only the animation is instant but hitbox isn't there yet. Or did you mean just regular couching?
It seems to be within the first few frames of the startup animation. Too quickly to properly react to it and theres been alot of videos of couch lancing within seconds of eachother which considering how powerfull couching is, seems pretty broken. Lances in general keep getting stronger and stronger.

I do not understand reducing the cav speed even further, heavy cav is slow af as it is, basically you have to take agile/faster horse or nothing if you want to move around, slowing it even further is just not justifiable.
I agree cavs should be reared from running into each other.
Fun fact if you know you're about to get reared up because you're going too fast towards a wall you can deny the rear up by jumping, horse will hit the wall but because of the animation of jumping, you won't get reared lol.
The light cavalry move insanely fast, if its running around walls the infantry cant really stop it because of the release delay on melee, something that I dont think cavalry has, I really have to test that before I repeat it too often.
Rearing should be happening way more than it is now, and stop punishing friendly infantry by pushing them all over the battlefield when cavalry comes in to "help". Cavalry should get reared when they run into friendly infantry.

Rearing should be happening way more than it is now, and stop punishing friendly infantry by pushing them all over the battlefield when cavalry comes in to "help". Cavalry should get reared when they run into friendly infantry.
The pushing is extremely annoying.

Last night I was playing battle and an enemy infantry jumped onto a ledge. I jumped up there with him to fight on even ground. As we're fighting, a friendly cav charges in trying to lance the enemy and runs into me. His horse pushes me off the ledge and takes 75% of my HP.

And countless times I have been pushed into enemy swings or moved so that the swing goes around my block.

Last night I was playing battle and an enemy infantry jumped onto a ledge. I jumped up there with him to fight on even ground. As we're fighting, a friendly cav charges in trying to lance the enemy and runs into me. His horse pushes me off the ledge and takes 75% of my HP.

And countless times I have been pushed into enemy swings or moved so that the swing goes around my block.
Yep...And the cavalry runs away thinking I HELPED!

It's also infuriating to be pushed into someone so you glance/have your attack cancelled when you would have otherwise landed a hit just because either friendly or enemy cav slammed into you.

- Reduce overall horse speed significantly
- Make stopping cavalry not tied to a perk only 1 class have access to
- Make cavalry consistantly run into wall and get stunned at high speed
- Make stopping the horse consistant, ties together with removing cavalry breaker
- Change the cone of stopping cav to only rear from the front of the horse
- If a cavalry runs into a friendly infantry, the cavaly gets punished by being stopped instead of pushing the infantry to the side

For a start. After that we can look at the details like attack speed etc.
The most basics things that should've been done a long time ago.

I have been feeling this for a while but I truly had more fun during the beta of this game than after.. I feel like my experience has been deteriorating with every single MP update, constant nerfs, removal of features, makes me sad

I have been feeling this for a while but I truly had more fun during the beta of this game than after.. I feel like my experience has been deteriorating with every single MP update, constant nerfs, removal of features, makes me sad
In beta, infantry had decent throwables that could counter cav. Those are all useless now.

In beta, infantry had decent throwables that could counter cav. Those are all useless now.
yeah true, I never used throwables in Warband since they felt incredible innacurate and most people I know never touch it for the same reasons, but when Bannerlord release I noticed lots of players picking throwables and enjoying it, myself included, Then they nerfed it until it's useless and innacurate as warband and people barely use it this days...
Other thing that got nerfed to hell was the aiming and reloading of the crossbow and bow in general... they used to feel great during the beta.. it was rewarding to land a hit, it felt responsive and accurate... now they feel awful to use and I hate disliking using bows and crossbows... since it's my fav thing to use...

Javs were brokenly good in Warband and it was even more obnoxious when Bannerlord was throwing central. When they were good enough to counter cav they also countered infantry and archers too, making them simply the best choice - don't know about you but I don't want to play a really slow, clunky CSGO when I play M&B.

Agree on archers though, nerfed into the ground and not fun to play.

I feel like a better solution would be to just introduce an inf-only gamemode. Because it seems as if some people will keep asking for cav nerfs until being mounted will become a straight up handicap.

Honestly, I think cav is in a balanced place right now. Most infantry just have no awareness and gets stabbed in the back, which is exactly what cav is meant to do. The fact is that top cav players will always score high simply because they are able to always be in the battle due to their speed. In casual game modes, this means that they simply engage with the enemy more and naturally scores more kills. Weak cav players are pretty much instantly killed.

Cav already has a huge amount of counters and has been nerfed countless times already. If anything, archers are the true unbalanced troop type.

Honestly, I think cav is in a balanced place right now. Most infantry just have no awareness and gets stabbed in the back, which is exactly what cav is meant to do. The fact is that top cav players will always score high simply because they are able to always be in the battle due to their speed. In casual game modes, this means that they simply engage with the enemy more and naturally scores more kills. Weak cav players are pretty much instantly killed.

Cav already has a huge amount of counters and has been nerfed countless times already. If anything, archers are the true unbalanced troop type.
I agree about cavalry, but why do you think archers are unbalanced?

Don't tell TW to mess with cav plz. I am not satisfied with the general state of the game. But, it's one step forward, and two steps back with TW. I would play version 1.05 all day long, and embrace the bugs that version had. Then again, I might need to learn modding myself, if I want to be 100% content.

Honestly, I think cav is in a balanced place right now. Most infantry just have no awareness and gets stabbed in the back, which is exactly what cav is meant to do.
Totally agree.

I never play cavalry in multiplayer but I think it makes sense to have a strong cavalry. It is historically realistic and the cavalry classes being more expensive they need to be worth the gold.

On the other side I think it would be good to equip more infantry classes with one-handed spears in addition of their current weapons. The infantry players would rage less and the cavalry would have to be more careful. It would be more interesting for everyone.

Get gud. Stopping a horse is probably the easiest thing to do, but people refuse to carry spears for some reason

Back
Top Bottom