Cavalry Needs a Nerf

Users who are viewing this thread

INFANTRY A SHORTER SPEAR SO THE CAN ACUALLY DO SMTH WITH IT
Infantry actually needs longer spears. If you look at the Sturgian Short Spear (174 reach), it's not nearly long enough to collide with the head of a horse before a horseman's long spear hits you. For reference, the shortest spear for light cavalry is the Battanian Long Spear, which has a reach of 193.

I think 180 reach is the bare minimum for stabbing a light cavalry (Vlandian Spear, Voulgier). Even then, you need a shield since the two-handed grip shortens your spear's reach.

Kinda why I think the Recruit should have a one-handed pitchfork (+ 3 javelins) instead of the Pila, but that might actually make the Imperial peasant good. And we can't have that.

LOWER MAXIMUM SPEED OF HORSES, GIVE INFANTRY A SHORTER SPEAR SO THE CAN ACUALLY DO SMTH WITH IT NOT A LONG USELESS POINTY STICK, CUT THE BASE DMG OF ALL SPEARS BY A HALF!
So now any inf without the cav killer perk is useless and cav can get free hits on any inf because their Lance is twice the length? You say nerf cav but then give them 2 massive buffs against inf. Good timing with long spears will catch or at the very least keep away riders who don't want to gamble. The khergit have an issue were a well timed Lance can safely hit a Spearman anyways because of weapon length. 157 length isn't enough, needs to be at least 180 to be risky for cav with 200 length lance.

okay, I was memeing more than being serious but my points are still valid... Look, lowering speed of horses(light not heavy) means that there no longer will be F1 mobiles running around the map that means more time for you to realize that there is a cav around you, also the "silent cav" where you are unable to hear incoming horse is due to its speed. Now mentioned shorter spear, well well well... ur saying that infantries need longer spears but its acually reversed, short but quicker spear solves all the issues we have. Right now most of situations when u stop a horse is cus it rides straight to ur spear there is no possibility for u to do anything else than to wait for him cus of this long, slow, BAD spear. Having shorter but quicker spear that ur acually able to fight back against any inf thats pushing you solves all the issues of current spear. Now the damage part very simple CAV DEALING 90-120 dmg is not okay but at the same time hitting a horse for 200 is also not okay, you already stop him there is no need for u to deal 200 dmg if u stop the death device ITS STOPPED u and ur teammates have time to finish it now, no need to overkill this poor horse.

Even with equal spear lengths cav should always win an engagement because they can choose the timing and angle of the attack, they only really should be reared if running straight into spears. This is why spears act as chokepoint holders and defensive weapons for infantry primarily, so Popo is right when he says handling of the spear is more important. It's also why the natural counter to cav isn't spears, which seems to come from some Total War theory of rock paper scissors people have in their heads, but by archers, which can interrupt cav with shots to the rider and can chip damage the horse if caught in the open. Unfortunately archers have been nerfed into the ground whilst cav have not been balanced, hence the total dominance you see of them and why competitive can't ever consider removing class limits.

Also, if you make spears longer and faster than cav weapons, inf will just drop them to cavalry players anyway.

care to share some of the drugs you're on?
Slow movement makes combat feel like you're in mud and a kick doll, can't turn fast and shoot because they instantly lose accuracy, low dmg unless coming straight at the archer at speed, last I checked they hadn't fixed the zoom in bug, could go on. There's a reason most comp matches are 4-5 inf and 1-2 cav - only times archers are played is more to do if you have a really good player as one, rather than the class itself being inherently useful. At least this was the case a few months ago, there been any major changes?

I miss the warband long awlpike drop swadia got, it was even more fun grabbing one as another faction and using it against them.
This was completely broken and OP but it certainly was fun!

Back
Top Bottom