Cavalry is getting annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

NTW3's biggest upside is the change of collision weight between horses and infantry, so that cavalry cannot charge into the square, send the infantry flying to the moon andd the have the horse who sent the infanty flying die from it while the infantry got up unscrathed. So now it's atleat more logical on the point that the cavalry won't demolish the formation yet still die. The problem that persists is that the defensive bonus is instant though, which of course is rather counter intuitive. What I also like is that cavalry if catching infantry out in the flank or the rear will quickly rout it, contrary to how it was in vanilla, and the general depth added to cavalry versus cavalry engagements.

I'm rather puzzled as to why you would deliberately charge into a square in the first place :???: It doesn't exactly have the greatest success record. I usually break it up with artillery, if that's not possible then I turn it into swiss cheese with light infantry. Works pretty nicely for me.

Back to the NW...

From personal expirience, it's really easy to defend against cav, whenever making circle formation all incoming cav just runs away unless you're the only people left on the battle field, they have much better chances against straight formations or single targets.
But circle does make a pain if there is enemy infantry nearby - really hard to get people stand in place just blocking all enemy strikes while your friendly neighbor loads a musket to shoot him in da face  :wink:
And skirmishers ofcourse.

There is no perfect formation you just have to use them depending on the situation, that makes a good leader. Sadly i rarely see one of them in LB's or any other place.

The amount of idiot cavalry that have charged into my bayonet HEAD ON, got promptly owned, and then tried it again on respawn/next round and got the exact same fate.

Its so easy to kill them its not even funny, are you guys intentionally getting yourselves killed?

Symmach said:
Back to the NW...

From personal expirience, it's really easy to defend against cav, whenever making circle formation all incoming cav just runs away unless you're the only people left on the battle field, they have much better chances against straight formations or single targets.
But circle does make a pain if there is enemy infantry nearby - really hard to get people stand in place just blocking all enemy strikes while your friendly neighbor loads a musket to shoot him in da face  :wink:
And skirmishers ofcourse.

There is no perfect formation you just have to use them depending on the situation, that makes a good leader. Sadly i rarely see one of them in LB's or any other place.

Best formation is to go solo next to a tree or some form of natural barrier, that way cav cant kill you easily but you can stab them when they slow to move around the object. In this way you can easily take the horse down, then easy kill on the ride, but just killing the horse is bonus enough as then if theres no cav left, simply run off.

Its a shame to say that most cavalry players have less awareness and common sense than a lot of infantry. If a guy is running solo be wary of him, as most likely he knows your there and is going to spin and stab your horse thus ending your life. Cavalry is not too different from infantry, if you have a good sense of awareness and tiiming you can top the scoreboard.

Are you guys on a Public Server when they "interfere" your duels?  (More than likely yes)

If so then everyone is up for grabs on kills. No matter what the way.  :wink:

Oh and don't expect everyone to follow your weird Gentlemen Rules on Public Servers.....

Si-A-erra. said:
I believe cav is uncatalogued. yes i went there.

Edit: unbalanced.

Don't think making the sword length will help the situation at all ... infact causes the opposite effect expecially if it outranges the bayonete.

But i believe we have seen some pretty funny qoutes on this thred. I think this is my favorite:

Widow_maker said:
I would prefer it if horseman would have some courtesy and would leave people alone when dueling.
  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Si-A-erra. said:
Especially when the main points are made in the first three pages, and anything after that is just drivel.

I think it went downhill at the moment the OP clicked "post", actually.

Takes talent, that.

Back
Top Bottom