Cavalry is getting annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

Widow_maker

Banned
I have been playing Mount and blade for quite sometime, and the cavalry has never seemed to bother me. But lately in nw the lancers are getting very good and their starting to really piss people off. I mean when you are dueling some guy and cav comes up from behind knocking you down so that your opponent get a quick kill, well that's just wrong. Please add your point of views.

Widow_maker said:
I have been playing Mount and blade for quite sometime, and the cavalry has never seemed to bother me. But lately in nw the lancers are getting very good and their starting to really piss people off. I mean when you are dueling some guy and cav comes up from behind knocking you down so that your opponent get a quick kill, well that's just wrong. Please add your point of views.

He's doing his job. Attacking an unaware/distracted infantry unit is Cav's greatest strength; and unless you're a lancer, engaging an aware and semi-competant infantry unit is usually suicide.

I think it's a great sign that more people are now getting used to NW cavalry and I'm not gonna touch on the balance of cavalry.... Also, don't expect any duels to be completely honoured on public servers, except for actual Duel servers. Anyways,  for increase in  awareness as a infantry-man I suggest rebinding the "view outfit key"  from "~" to something closer like the "CAPSLOCK" key.

Like the other guy said its their job would you get equally angry if an infantry man came up behind you and killed you or knocked you down. I'd say that happens more often than cav but its part of the game it called 2 on 1

Having played on a horse for more than one year on mm and since the beginning of NW, I can say you that, in fact, any well trained infantry player can kill the greatest horseman easily if their fight face to face. So the best way to attack, each cavalry class included, is to attack right in the back of a line.

It's one of the officer's works to look around wile he gives orders. During a mêlée including allies and enemies, trying to avoid at most teamkill, the best way is to hit an enemy to knock him out and to give the ally fighter an opportunity to kill him and go help the others.

You should be happy that being hit by a horse at full charge speed doesn't kill you in oneshoot, cause it's what should happen if we were on a real battlefield  :wink:

Widow_maker said:
All i am saying is that the cav is much stronger than it used to be.

fPZgm.png

MatLae said:
Having played on a horse for more than one year on mm and since the beginning of NW, I can say you that, in fact, any well trained infantry player can kill the greatest horseman easily if their fight face to face. So the best way to attack, each cavalry class included, is to attack right in the back of a line.

It's one of the officer's works to look around wile he gives orders. During a mêlée including allies and enemies, trying to avoid at most teamkill, the best way is to hit an enemy to knock him out and to give the ally fighter an opportunity to kill him and go help the others.

You should be happy that being hit by a horse at full charge speed doesn't kill you in oneshoot, cause it's what should happen if we were on a real battlefield  :wink:

This is correct :smile:

Make sure your sound is turned up and when an enemy cavalry comes you'll be able to hear him, so you can quickly look using ~ key then stab his horse with your bayonet

You are so wrong that you don't deserve words, just a picture
Best not to talk about things you have no clue about

*sigh* Cavalry is part of the game...deal with it. Honestly 90% of cavalry is very easy to kill. Lancers are not a problem, simply block down. If they are coming up behind you, try being more aware. For me, it is like a gift when I see cav because I know I will get a kill!
Anyway, give it a rest, cavalry is underpowered if anything!

Back
Top Bottom