Cavalry is getting annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad_man1 said:
You sound like a noob, and you know how I know this ? Because if you weren't then you wouldn't complain about it. There are at least 3 threads for cavalry and infantry in MM, why didn't you post in one of them ? Why make your own thread to say "Someone killed me when i was duelling, it's annoying !" ? You need to learn awareness and how to defend yourself when fighting in a melee

And no more need to be said !
Their is a reason why you are being watched.

pod455 said:
Widow_maker said:
I would prefer it if horseman would have some courtesy and would leave people alone when dueling.
!? What do you e......OMG. People wants kills so they kill the enemy that they can kill, no matter what they are doing. You sir should juts stfu and gtfo
Please be careful what you say. It could result in a watch.

Widow_maker said:
Talii said:
Is it a flaw when  you get knocked down following beeing hit by a horse?
It's quite annoying to be honest. I would prefer it if horseman would have some courtesy and would leave people alone when dueling.

It's battle, not a one on one fighting game. Why would they be courteous when their goal is to annihilate your team?

Wow i thought this community was friendly. Simply put you should try and be more welcoming to new comers. Don't call them noobs and put them down. How would you like it if i started swearing and spamming your threads.

Widow_maker said:
Wow i thought this community was friendly. Simply put you should try and be more welcoming to new comers. Don't call them noobs and put them down. How would you like it if i started swearing and spamming your threads.
Swearing? Why would anyone here care about swearing? Spamming? We're replying to a topic that was opened, we're allowed to do that, also nice double post. (Top two posts on page 5.)

Widow, please, for the sake of this discussion, stop using at hoc arguements, and stay on subject. Otherwise, please let this topic be.

Widow_maker said:

Who told you that monstrosity?

Wow guys, nice job being complete dicks! Kator was the only one with a substantial post...

Oh, and even I think cav is under powered, but dear God, just look at your posts...

Savoyard said:
Wow guys, nice job being complete dicks! Kator was the only one with a substantial post...

Oh, and even I think cav is under powered, but dear God, just look at your posts...

Eyes ran out of production back in 2000.

While I disagree with the general sentiment of the thread (contrary to popular belief I do not hate cav) I also strongly disagree with the way some of the pro-cavalry people express themselves, when some of you have been coming with your gratious buff requests with motivations with as much truth as fairytales, people have been courteous enough to point out in a non-offensive manner that you are wrong, and why you are wrong, so the least you could do is to return the favour.

Cavalry is fine, it doesn't need to move in either direction in my opinion, but if it has to move in one direction it's in the direction of improving cavalry, more specifically lengthening their swords slightly. Situational awareness is a skill, the same way target selection is a skill for cavalry, and if you lack the situational awarness they you deserve to get killed the same way you deserve to get killed if your target selection is poor as cavalry.

Hekko said:
While I disagree with the general sentiment of the thread (contrary to popular belief I do not hate cav) I also strongly disagree with the way some of the pro-cavalry people express themselves, when some of you have been coming with your gratious buff requests with motivations with as much truth as fairytales, people have been courteous enough to point out in a non-offensive manner that you are wrong, and why you are wrong, so the least you could do is to return the favour.

Cavalry is fine, it doesn't need to move in either direction in my opinion, but if it has to move in one direction it's in the direction of improving cavalry, more specifically lengthening their swords slightly. Situational awareness is a skill, the same way target selection is a skill for cavalry, and if you lack the situational awarness they you deserve to get killed the same way you deserve to get killed if your target selection is poor as cavalry.

Have to agree, had a talk with the FK and particularly Tali ... people find them OPed or underpowered are those who play infantry solely ... or play cavlary soley and are yet to learn how to handle certain situations so they then call upon the "OP/UP" argument without assessing why it didn't work other than blaming stats ... you'll definatly hear me shout "My lance went right through him FFS" mainly because i'm caught up in the situation before going ... "yeah he had me royally up the chuff".

Having played both for some time now I have to agree with Hekko and Tali ... cav has met a happy medium with each class having ups and downs ... but I beleive the problem is people not solving certain situations in the right way and with some time practising would learn how to fight against and with certain cav units.

Not a cavalry guy my self rather hate them in fact (especially those dastardly dragoons) but to be honest I'd say they were underpowered if anything.

Cav overpowered....LOL.
Thare is no point in even argueing suche nonsense.

Hekko
I dont think we need longer swords. Whats we need are real horses.

Cav are *****es bloody hate em :razz: best thing to do mate is to join a reg if you aint in one and make some mates and they will help you with cav like protecting your back and such in combat and look out for each other that should help when it comes to em evil brigands that ride horses :smile:, stay in large groups of pubs if you dont want to join a reg also helps if your russia with them crazy partisans and their wide weird assortment of weapons :smile:.

Alma69 said:
Cav overpowered....LOL.
Thare is no point in even argueing suche nonsense.

Hekko
I dont think we need longer swords. Whats we need are real horses.

I'm with Hekko on this one. Longer swords would do miracles towards fighting infantry. Not quite sure what you mean by "Real horses", spare a few things like reworked Bumping and Turning speed, Horses are perfectly fine.

Talii said:
I'm with Hekko on this one. Longer swords would do miracles towards fighting infantry. Not quite sure what you mean by "Real horses", spare a few things like reworked Bumping and Turning speed, Horses are perfectly fine.
tumblr_lvps7vMoy61qdna0x.jpg

We do not need longer swords, that's just silly. The horses at the moment are - and have always been in M&B - ****. I'm sure if the devs of this expansion truly are devs they will have something planned for the near future because at the moment even a new player can take down the best cavalry player easily.

Think about it, in real life even if you had a bayonet if you were up 1v1 with a mounted cuirassier you would get the **** out of wherever you where, because he would chop you up and be on his way before you could even react. Horses just don't act anything like their real life counterparts, they have no weight, they do not kick or attack the people around them and they always ****ing rear up instead of using their horsey brains and moving themselves out of the damn way. They do not strike fear in to players like they should, they just merely remind them to watch their backs.

Big Mac said:
Talii said:
tumblr_lvps7vMoy61qdna0x.jpg

We do not need longer swords, that's just silly. The horses at the moment are - and have always been in M&B - ****. I'm sure if the devs of this expansion truly are devs they will have something planned for the near future because at the moment even a new player can take down the best cavalry player easily.

Think about it, in real life even if you had a bayonet if you were up 1v1 with a mounted cuirassier you would get the **** out of wherever you where, because he would chop you up and be on his way before you could even react. Horses just don't act anything like their real life counterparts, they have no weight, they do not kick or attack the people around them and they always ******** rear up instead of using their horsey brains and moving themselves out of the damn way. They do not strike fear in to players like they should, they just merely remind them to watch their backs.

Trust me mate, I'm with you. I'm just saying, as of now, the longer swords would give Cavalry a better chance towards infantry.

Back
Top Bottom