Cavalry in 1.9 and other Minor Things

Users who are viewing this thread

So i have some questoning, 1.9 did see good improvement to cavalry ai and overhaul usefullness, that is not questionable, but it's just me or do they still seam to be quite innacurate still, especially when it comes to moving targets in the form of other cavalry units, i dont know, i feel that on 1.7.2 cav was pretty alright and that bug has not been quite fixed, does someone else feels like this ?

Also i dont know if its intentional, but any spear that has the new "cloths" cannot be couched, i dont know if its just on my end but i would be nice to see it on couchable lances and all.

The accuracy seemed to be far better, and the speed looked faster as well. The new horses made a big difference against heavier troops.

To me they seem more accurate in 1.9 then in any past version. Particularly they can stab me in passing (as you cross their max reach) in a way I had not seen the AI do before. The amount of kills they get on attack is a noticeable improvement too. There's still room for improvement though and I feel they can become passive or stuck somehow at times. I will notice them seeming to ignore me or a unit right next to them as if the AI is fixating them elsewhere. I think t4-6 needs more armor still, non-elite cataphracts go down too easily IMO.

Everything is kinda inaccurate against moving targets it seems like, which is (partly) why foot archers get dunked on by horse archers unless you limit their movement.

But yeah, cav are a much bigger threat now and much more worth bringing along - they can really solve archer problems for you which makes things feel a bit more balanced with some units countering others properly.

Back
Top Bottom