Cavalry improving in Bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

In 1.9.0v cavalry troops are noticeably more effective against infantry due to couch lance behavior improved but they still doens't couch their lances against other cavalry troops.They usually thrust a horse one time with lance, and next change to second weapon and start swinging it. As for the lances themselves they're far too short.In the Middle Ages, the lances were between 3 to 4 meters long, while in this game a maximum of 2. Also I noticed that in BL, especially in 1.9.0v cavalry have problem with maintaining the formation, they're riding into each other blocking themselves, as a result they lose momentum which equals to less charge damage.I was hoping that in full release I would see some epic cav vs cav charges but it seems that it will not happen :sad: .

Last edited:
I think it depends which unit you're using. I started new run on 1.9 with empire and lots of cataphracts, they were great to use.
Then I played against some banner knights and saw how they mow down everything couch lance and switched to vlandian culture xD
They couch against cav in my playthrough just fine, just make sure they have space, ideally split in 2 or 3 formations of cav and they work great.

I think it depends which unit you're using. I started new run on 1.9 with empire and lots of cataphracts, they were great to use.
Then I played against some banner knights and saw how they mow down everything couch lance and switched to vlandian culture xD
They couch against cav in my playthrough just fine, just make sure they have space, ideally split in 2 or 3 formations of cav and they work great.
Nope, they usually don't couch against other cavalry units https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/images/956
And this is how it should look like
I think devs have problem to code that. I'm not very familiar in to C# and coding in generall but probably cavalry units calculate like that: if object is moving fast they don't couch , but if it is not moving, or moving slower than let's say 5 m/s they couch. Force cavalry to couch against fast moving objects in logical way to deliver most energy to it would require a lot more code and would complicate it, probably too much so they did it easy way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom