Cavalry - health, speed bonus and other suggestions to balance it

Users who are viewing this thread

Mabons

Sergeant Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
The speed bonus is just not right, it feels like it's all in favour of the cavalry player everytime. The HP just feels immense because nothing seems to scratch the enemy.

Turnaround

Veteran
WBNWVC
It's in an odd state where I want the cav to charge at me, and I can't do much when they're a sitting duck - feels like it should be the opposite.

I also feel like the riding penalty for inf/archer should be higher, I don't notice it at all.

Silen

Duke
The speed bonus is just not right, it feels like it's all in favour of the cavalry player everytime. The HP just feels immense because nothing seems to scratch the enemy.

Exactly. This isn't about nerfing HP, but tweaking the speed bonus and adjusting HP in relation to it, so that damage is adequate both at low and high speed.

-Horris-

Sergeant at Arms
I like everything being said in this thread, good thoughts!
I’d like to add onto that by stating that lances could use a big nerd in their speed. This would greatly help with cav players being too good at fighting when standing still.
Even if you manage to rear a horse with your spear and you want to do some damage to it or it’s rider, the rider seems just as quick at attacking you as you him. Lances are inherently good because of their immense potential to do damage when used from horseback combined with their length. They should only be good in their niche context to balance them out. If they can be used really effectively as a normal spear as well (when a horse is reared or when cav gets dismounted) then they are too strong imo.
With this class system in place, cavalry always have a backup weapon anyway, so no need for a fast lance.
I personally would like to see cav players switching to their side-arm when they get traded to try and get a hit in because their side-arm is way better in that circumstance.

All of this goes together with the changes to swing arcs, speed bonus and potentially HP of course.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Top Bottom