Cavalry - health, speed bonus and other suggestions to balance it

Users who are viewing this thread

RCC_God

Knight
Just make horses not act like a shield. On warband even with a tank horse i can't just stand infront of an infantry with a spear and trade hits.
Stabbing the horse hit the riders leg which did a pretty good amount of damage since leg armour was rare. In bannerlord everyone has the same armour stats on every bodypart which makes these kind of hits only bounce or do very low damage.

Ageee with rest of the points. It's been said countless times now.
Spears not really being a counter to cav is a huge problem.
Can just hope some things will be considered.
I’ve been playing mediocre cavalry, I can’t even imagine playing against the likes of someone like Cow who knows what they’re doing. Cavalry can just stand there taking shots at you while you engage infantry it’s really enraging

Gibby Jr

Marquis
Just make horses not act like a shield. On warband even with a tank horse i can't just stand infront of an infantry with a spear and trade hits.
Stabbing the horse hit the riders leg which did a pretty good amount of damage since leg armour was rare. In bannerlord everyone has the same armour stats on every bodypart which makes these kind of hits only bounce or do very low damage.

Ageee with rest of the points. It's been said countless times now.
Spears not really being a counter to cav is a huge problem.
Can just hope some things will be considered.

ultimately it's the same suggestions that were given during alpha and beta: make cav get up slower when dismounted (at least so that it is the same duration that a person is knocked over for by a horse), make horses rear when they collide with objects/buildings rather than slide off of them, make infantry do more melee damage when hitting a stationary, slow-moving or stopped horse, make hits to cavalry continue through the horse to hit the rider as they do in Warband, rather than glancing off of the horse and not affecting the rider (effectively allowing them to use their horse as a shield).

sleepy dragon

Rebel without a clue
Count
WBWF&SNWVCM&B
I’ve been playing mediocre cavalry, I can’t even imagine playing against the likes of someone like Cow who knows what they’re doing. Cavalry can just stand there taking shots at you while you engage infantry it’s really enraging
Luckily for you Cow hates BL cav!

I'd much prefer more maneuverable cav with less tankyness.

RCC_God

Knight
Luckily for you Cow hates BL cav!

I'd much prefer more maneuverable cav with less tankyness.
Cav feels terrible so I don’t blame him. I haven’t seen any game get cav right except warband and it’s DLC, every other game cav just feels like driving a tank mixed with a spaceship, super unresponsive and bouncy

El Guido

Recruit
Old Skool Warband player here - enjoying what I am experiencing at the moment, I am fully aware it is early access and there are issues to be fixed/developments to be made.

Just dropping by to say that I am excited to see how MP develops, really hope we see Duel servers and Invasion servers in the near future.

Also just to weigh in on agreeing with people saying cav needs to be nerfed - takes alot of damage to bring them down, even with heavier weapons and full swings, and also perhaps on certain game modes/depending on player number can the number of cav be capped? is that already a thing?

EbdanianAdmiral

Knight at Arms
ultimately it's the same suggestions that were given during alpha and beta: make cav get up slower when dismounted (at least so that it is the same duration that a person is knocked over for by a horse), make horses rear when they collide with objects/buildings rather than slide off of them, make infantry do more melee damage when hitting a stationary, slow-moving or stopped horse, make hits to cavalry continue through the horse to hit the rider as they do in Warband, rather than glancing off of the horse and not affecting the rider (effectively allowing them to use their horse as a shield).

It is quite frustrating that we are still saying the exact things after 8 months of repeating it. Taleworlds is able to fix nearly every immediate issue with singleplayer within a week of launch but somehow was never able to get basic things like spears and cav rearing after slamming into a tree at mach 10 in a reasonable spot despite months of feedback.

Zahari

Knight
WBNW
It is quite frustrating that we are still saying the exact things after 8 months of repeating it. Taleworlds is able to fix nearly every immediate issue with singleplayer within a week of launch but somehow was never able to get basic things like spears and cav rearing after slamming into a tree at mach 10 in a reasonable spot despite months of feedback.
Hearing this is worrying. Are they going to listen anytime soon?

๖Kern

Grandmaster Knight
WBNW
Trying to chamber lance couch with the current state of chambers and other things would be a certain death 90% of the time. Though I do not know if it is possible.

Vissy

Baron
WBNW
It is possible to chamber somewhat reliably, at least from a standing position if there's not a big fight going on around you. Would be interesting to try if it is possible.

OurGloriousLeader

Grandmaster Knight
Hello i play cav and cav needs a nerf.
Dont think horses HP is too high though.

Yeah I wouldn't touch horse HP immediately anyway as that already received a nerf in the past, the issue is lack of rearing from diagonally hitting spears, lack of rearing from collisions, and nearly every horse having armour perks now with armour in general being too strong in the game.

Caius_III

Sergeant at Arms
Yeah I wouldn't touch horse HP immediately anyway as that already received a nerf in the past, the issue is lack of rearing from diagonally hitting spears, lack of rearing from collisions, and nearly every horse having armour perks now with armour in general being too strong in the game.

Exactly.

Top Bottom