MP Cavalry bumping

Users who are viewing this thread

Today that happened to me. I was standing 1 meter away from impact from lance but I got bumped, and then the couch lance literally slided into me and I was again surprised at how weird the combat can be

Why are you posting videos and gifs of real life examples? Alright I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, realism is not fun. Being aware enough to move out the way of a couch lance/stab but still be punished by being knocked over for a good few seconds because the mongo hit you with his horse is bull****, especially when it doesn’t correspond to what happens when cavalry players make a fatal mistake and get knocked off their horse.

It’s not good or interesting gameplay, it’s frustrating to deal with as any foot soldier in any situation(seriously having a cav tapstab you as you fall over then kill you while your defenceless is a thousand times more bull**** than any bumpstabbing from warband) and in the current climate of spears being completely helpless at doing damage to cav it’s even worse.

I cba playing this game for a long time if the majority of my deaths are gonna be to this bull**** mechanic.

I think you guys have your frustrations correct, but solutions in the wrong place. There is nothing wrong with horses bumping, the riders weapons are just too Arcady and have a huge advantage that can be spammed over and over with no consequence.

I am working on expanding on realistic weapons collision that has all polearms breakable. And couche lance, stab lance, swung pole arms stick to the victim on hit as it was a throwing spear if there is enough momentum difference between victim and attacker.

It works quite well as it makes it more like a throwing spear, high reward singe use weapon. Then forces the rider to switch to secondary, one handed weapons which currently no one uses ever in multiplayer. Will post a gif later

No my frustrations are with the bumping system. With your system I would literally never touch cav again, because I can be running from someone up my ass, couch lance an unaware archer and now have nothing left to fight the dude chasing me. Basically have to accept my death or miss out on a free kill which doesn’t punish the archer player for having 0 situational awareness.

I already said “realism isn’t fun”. Stahp.

Then forces the rider to switch to secondary, one handed weapons which currently no one uses ever in multiplayer.

Hmmmm... not sure about that mate... Unless you mean specifically from horseback?

Otherwise I'm not a fan of breakable weapons. It's a game first and formost and turning cavalry into a one-shot weapon seems very boring especially given we don't have a one life mode yet.

@MArdA TaleWorlds
In this discussion you will find that people agree on the following:
-Cavalry bump couching should not be a thing because it is impossible to execute such a move (or at least, it should be) (To add to this, sometimes people get bumped and the lance slides into the enemy even when the person is 0.5 meter away. There is video content of this in the discussion.
-Bumping at high speeds vs bumping at low speed needs a slight rework. (This one is probably known amongst the devs)

Back
Top Bottom