- Cavalry balance in multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Are cavalry moon-blades and double-edged guns too out of balance in multiplayer?Can you kill a full enemy with a single slash with almost no speed or achievement? A novice can kill a lot of enemies with very little practice.???

Agree. And undoubtedly there are many skilled cavalry players, but the multiplayer experience right now means running around and watching behind your back every two seconds so you don't get whacked by rogue cavalry.

There's no such thing as a skilled cav player, the only reason it is in the game is to make it accessible to noobs. I don;t know why people only have to pay 180 gold for the pleasure of not having to do anything but press x and aim at somebody's back all game. Make cav prices doubled and there's no issue.

I don't think the cav weapons are a difficulty problem but a balance one.

When it comes to difficulty regarding cav maneuverability is the problem. It is so godamn easy to avoid spearmen and obstacles. Charging a sprearman at full speed? Oh you aren't going to be punished for that, just double tap s or turn 90 degrees in 1 second and you're clear of any and all trouble. Bumped into a wall in the middle of enemy lines? Not a problem! You can just instantly turn around, double tap W and poof, all your problems are gone.

Make cav slide for a long distance when breaking, reduce the static and running turnrate and maybe reduce the double tap W speed boost. Should prevent complete drooling noobs from running around without being punished for the dumbest moves ever, while actually skilled and careful players wouldn't be impacted that much as they don't get in situations that would rely on these mechanics in the first place.

There's no such thing as a skilled cav player, the only reason it is in the game is to make it accessible to noobs. I don;t know why people only have to pay 180 gold for the pleasure of not having to do anything but press x and aim at somebody's back all game. Make cav prices doubled and there's no issue.
In fact there is skilled Cav players, because there are people better than others at any class.

But the difference lies in the fact that you can still perform as a noob, while noob Infantry and noob archers are basicly useless to their team. Whenever i need some free money to spawn as the classes im interesting in, its simple, i pick a 2h weapon on the ground, hop on a horse, the rest is history...

It is just so easy to play cav, anybody that feels "good" doing so is a joke to me. Anybody with hands and eyes can outperform infantry as cavalry.

Cavalry needs to be skill based. It always blows my mind when i dismount the top KDR player of enemy team and realize he cant block for **** once in a melee duel. Sometimes you have people with 25-5 KDR that are in fact terrible at the game X). I myself jump on a horse once every 2 weeks or so, so basicly i dont practice it for ****, and always end up killing more than when i play any other class that i practice with on a daily basis.

Are cavalry moon-blades and double-edged guns too out of balance in multiplayer?Can you kill a full enemy with a single slash with almost no speed or achievement? A novice can kill a lot of enemies with very little practice.???

Are you referring to glaive cavalry and menavlion cavalry? Yes, those weapons are broken and very unbalanced.

CONSPIARCY THEORY: "Sound Of Doom" was hacked in by Cav players so you had to turn down your speakers and couldn't hear them coming......
Actually I believe that sound of doom was related to horses footstep noises. Idk if you noticed but since the latest hotfix horses footsteps have been changed and I haven't experienced the sound of doom yet.

The cav control is like a hack program
I thought the devs were focused to balance cav-spear fights
They didn’t nerf them very well
now we will wait 6 months until they realize they need to nerf them more
And they will nerf their health by 2 points only

they are OP by just considering their very responsive control
Add to that their health and their charge and resistance to spears and all weapons

slow down every horse by 10/15% and it would solve both the survivability and damage output issues.
Whilst I support the idea, it will also make spear-stops cause a bit less damage. It's a decent trade-off if other mechanics/balance were introduced to help trade that off though.

I have a feeling this one wont fix the menav cav conundrum either - I think that must be a mixture of the massive swing animation and huge damage output exacerbated by the extra cavalry momentum. These things need to be fixed on foot before they can ever be fixed for cavalry imo.

slow down every horse by 10/15% and it would solve both the survivability and damage output issues.
Lately I think cav speed is not an issue at all, cav should be fast and it meant to cover a long distance in a small amount of time.
In my opinion the problem is their maneuverability. The ability to SSWWSSSSWWSSWW allows them to dodge almost everyting, not excluding spears and pikes. Also their attack speed is just stupid. Sometimes cav can overspam fast 1h swords and that's let's say not what cav is meant to be. Their maneuverability and attack speed stack together, making cav overwhelming in every fight.
Also headshot damage is broken. It is stupid that cav sometimes can oneshot heavy archer with armour perk or heavy infantry while it moves slow and gets insane damage bonus with pressing WW last second before attack

In TDM, imperial cavalry always play Courser. taleworlds made Cataphract useless.
However removal of cavalry menavlions will fix this problem, im pretty sure if devs are reading forum they would already understood that literally noone thinks cavalry menavlions are OK and i guess they will probaly be removed some of next patches

This, 100% this, as of right now cav has a massive advantage in speed, making it really hard for good spear inf to be able to stop a full speed cav in time. Even with the slightly lower momentum, throwing and arrows can still 1-2 shot any light horse, heavy horses feel fine right now.

I think hithrough on horses needs to come back, being able to damage both horse and rider with a swing will go a long way to helping inf and will allow you to get more damage per swing, more importantly it will stun the rider so they cant just stab away without worrying about blocking.

This, 100% this, as of right now cav has a massive advantage in speed, making it really hard for good spear inf to be able to stop a full speed cav in time. Even with the slightly lower momentum, throwing and arrows can still 1-2 shot any light horse, heavy horses feel fine right now.

I think hithrough on horses needs to come back, being able to damage both horse and rider with a swing will go a long way to helping inf and will allow you to get more damage per swing, more importantly it will stun the rider so they cant just stab away without worrying about blocking.
speekd is not an ussuel. cav sbnholulf be able to be fast. Cav is taking it's masx speed in like 6 seconds, and that's alright. What's the purpose of cav if it can't reach a high speed?
Cav is too maneuverable and dodge anything and that's ghe issue.
#ith it's WW it can reach good speed in 1 second and that
ls stujpid. With s;eed bonus it has 123409871230498712o34987% dmg bonus and deals 0298437102938470192378409123784091278340987123o47812340978120347891234 damage to everyone

+1

This should be addressed. The horse just completely absorbs most attacks in melee, and even when you're specifically aiming at the rider many times their mount will simply soak the damage instead of them.

Back
Top Bottom