Cavalry (and other) sounds

Users who are viewing this thread

The absolute worst thing about cav is the fact you can't hear them when they approach. Sounds are just all over the place. A guy gets stabbed across the map and it sounds like its right next to you, but you can't hear a galloping horse on a cobbled street until after he couches you.

Will this every be fixed?

The absolute worst thing about cav is the fact you can't hear them when they approach. Sounds are just all over the place. A guy gets stabbed across the map and it sounds like its right next to you, but you can't hear a galloping horse on a cobbled street until after he couches you.

Part of game design probably, given that their entire game design is flawed.

I don't have this problem so I can't really say about other people but
.... when I'm playing I can hear all the cav around me, approaching or at a distance, I can easly distinguish the horse steps in the middle of the infantry.. I have a good headset, maybe that's the reason,

No.

.... when I'm playing I can hear all the cav around me, approaching or at a distance, I can easly distinguish the horse steps in the middle of the infantry.. I have a good headset, maybe that's the reason,
Same here and my headset is nothing fancy

This sound issue is actually a known issue, and they have acknowledged it, like a year ago, they just havent fixed it. So yes, it is real, but no, it doesnt happen all the time, you appear to be lucky to have not been couched by a phantom heavy cavalry.

I don't think this is a bug. I have no problems hearing cavalry sounds when no other unit is alive. It gets harder to hear as more units are alive other than cavalry. Getting a better headphone might also help with cavalry sounds. Bannerlord sound occlusion is weird, cavalry might be too fast for you to hear it or maybe it's prioritizing other sound effects than horse steps, who knows.

It's not even about how good or bad your headphones are... Cav simply doesn't produce logical sounds when it hits max speed or starts to gain speed. You can hear it way better when it's moving in lower speeds. You can actually hear cav better behind the buildings, but as soon as there's nothing blocking the audio, cav produces considerably less noise. That's because sound occlusion system isn't working as it should. Feel free to test with audio equalizer and you can notice when and when not you can actually hear cav.

Back
Top Bottom