Cav knockdown needs to be nerfed.

Users who are viewing this thread

DeathBG

Squire
I know that the devs are doing their best to make cavarly equal to archers and inf,but compared to Warband Native I feel like the cav knockdown is too long and it kills competitive matches.
You are going to ask: How?
The answer is simple when you are in a infantry fight and Cav knocks you down and if the enemy inf is next to you he can land 2-3 hits depending on the speed of the weapon he uses.That means you can die without even fighting or trying to achieve something.
Apart from nerfing horse armor,decreasing horse HP,adding team damge to the horse this will make a huge difference because the infantry will have a chance to survive and fight.My suggestion is to reduce the knockdown duration by 1/3(33%) so it becomes the same way as in native.

I hope a dev reads this and takes my advice.

Yeah. As i said earlier, the time you are knocked down enables cav to turn around and stab you. Reducing knockdown time, if not promote team play, discourge solo cav play. Now I don't know if cav can hit targets that are going to get knocked down, similarly to bumps. If that is not the case, it could make an amusing situation where bumps might be worth more than knockdown to cav. But that is maybe not that big of problem?

It also gives enemy inf multiple chances to get a slash/stab in. It is too forgiving. Should only be time for one attempt to damage the knocked down person.

Well cav needs to be nerfed in some way and this is one part of it.

Melee weapons should do way more damage to horses, have a way harshed punishment by getting hit by melee.

We are planning an overhaul with the knockdown animations. It might take a little while as we might need new motion capture.
In the mean time we will increase the speed of getting up as much as the current animation allows without looking too ridiculous.

We are planning an overhaul with the knockdown animations. It might take a little while as we might need new motion capture.
In the mean time we will increase the speed of getting up as much as the current animation allows without looking too ridiculous.
? Are any combat animations on the cards for change as well?

Back
Top Bottom