Resolved Caught Immobile on a Ladder

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I joined the stream of men heading over the wall in a siege tower. A troop already on the battlement decided to come back down the ladder. He stopped the stream of men moving up the ladder, which included me. And because the men below me continued to try to climb, I was sandwiched with my head literally in the butt of the next guy up, with no way to move. I stood there for about a minute, unable to do anything, before I ESCaped to t he main menu.

ITSDMYZ.jpg

I don't have a save file, nor would one be helpful, since the AI guiding each man in the army would have to repeat his actions - and you know that doesn't happen. The devs need to write in a procedure to detect stalemates on the ladders and code a tie-breaker in to fix this.

Men coming back down the ladders is a common sight. I didn't know there would be such a problem until I was caught in it. Heaven knows, the ladder AI needs major rework anyway, as usually the men only use one ladder at a time.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom