Caucasus

Users who are viewing this thread

pan-boroda said:
I immediately found the drawings on the Alans and Cilicia. 'll post tomorrow. Unfortunately, Krueger flatly rejected my proposal to start the game not in 1200, and in 1205. And sorry, this is used to add at least 6 states, and the developments on them already, I have. :cry:

I'm waiting for them with an impatience  :grin: I'll try to find some too

cesar,photos of armours in this thread are dated to Ottoman era,its clear enough for trained researcher as myself.Georgian armour of 12th century was very similiar to the other nations in this area,so you may look on Byzantine and steppe style of clothing and such

Well, firstly, that the armor of the Byzantines and the steppe are very different. Moreover, that if Georgia and Armenia have had very close relations with Byzantium (History knows no small number of military commanders as Armenians and Georgians in Byzantium, and mercenaries), while Alan armor, and art itself closer to the war no longer existed at that time of the Khazar Khanate, to extend its influence over much of the Northern Caucasus (For example see Volga Bulgaria). For example, compare the heavy cavalry of Cilician Armenia and Georgia and Byzantium. She was obviously created in the image Katafrakt ... Secondly, the close cultural and ethnic ties between nomads Fore and the Black Sea, on the one hand, and agricultural areas of the Caucasus, on the other hand, most notably manifested in the military field. Every innovation, whether in weapons or means of warfare, quickly spread to a very wide area. It can be traced not only to many common types of weapons, but also common tactical principles.
I will lay with the chores, and prepare information on the same principle, as he did on the Russian principalities

kuauik said:
cesar,photos of armours in this thread are dated to Ottoman era,its clear enough for trained researcher as myself.Georgian armour of 12th century was very similiar to the other nations in this area,so you may look on Byzantine and steppe style of clothing and such

Thanks. I can see the technological anachronisms, like mirror plate, or the Persian helmets, etc. But still, I think that many of the pictures posted here might be right. Especially because many looks much alike Byzantine armiour of this period.

Generally speaking, there is not much difference between wargear in Novgorod than in Greece. There's a technological continuum on these areas, which breaks in the West between Venice and the north-south Danube in Buda, through the Vistula and until Pommerania. And furtherwest, you find a similar continuum with different tipologies.

:wink:

Well Byzantine influence at that time in the Caucasus is very strong. As the influence of Seljuk. It is therefore not surprising that the army of the Caucasus states have joined the art of both. Two largest states with whom the Caucasus borders of Byzantium and Seljuks.
Regarding the differences in weaponry and tactics of the Russian principalities is due primarily to those enemies with whom they come across. and natural areas of hostilities.

Hmm, thanks of course, but I love women.  :oops: And about the devotion to mod. This is the only mod, not produced in Russia, where Russia has not tried to present barbaric country with bears in the streets (just kidding). But seriously, the developers - a good job. Were not confined to Western Europe on the principle of smaller countries, fewer hemorrhoids. And as I understand it, we decided to show the countries of Eastern Europe to be accurate. And for that, thanks to them.

pan-boroda said:
Hmm, well, friendship in the Caucasus - the sacred. For family and friends can give life. These were the words we do not rush

friendship and familly is sacred and noone must touch them,it's unwrittable rule

guys you do great word,but i don't think they will add caucasus and middle east,as far i know it's not planed to add this region.

ELEONOR said:
guys you do great word,but i don't think they will add caucasus and middle east,as far i know it's not planed to add this region.

You don't know very far then :wink:

Back
Top Bottom