SP - World Map Catching faster group by outmaneuvering them

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,

Back to 1.5.5 after a long hiatus I was surprised to find missing a feature that was present since 1.0: cornering enemies.

Since early builds it was possible and in many ways useful (ie shepherding multiple smaller groups of bandits, cutting off smaller portions of disbanded army or reinforcements to one) to take control over our map avatar with arrow keys and in manner reminiscent of chess finishers to corner them and engage once we're close enough.

It allowed for creativity, was more engaging than point and click mechanics and gave a sense of tactics. So imagine my surprise that a gameplay feature like this was seemingly cut for no apparent gain. Unless it's a bug in my build?

As I play now, if enemy is of equal or higher speed than my party, I can never engage them even standing right on top of them. If I get on top of the enemy and click them and they have equal or higher speed, my army instead of engaging will take a step back and allow the other group to escape even if I shepherded them to a narrow mountain pass or a river corner etc.

Back
Top Bottom