Cataphract

Users who are viewing this thread

cataphract.png

Please leave all feedback relating to the Empire Cataphract in this thread.

There is a problem that all horsemen have.

Even if the infantry succeeds in defeating the running horse, it flies too far and rises quickly, unable to give an extra blow to the horseman, and the guard timing returns too quickly.

It is not able to definitively kill the fallen horseman, causing the formation destruction and causing the spam of the horseman to be helpless.

The Cataphract is probably the only heavy cav whith the right price. At least when you kill it you know it wont come back. It cant couch spam, probably the best balanced cav ingame.

The Cataphract is probably the only heavy cav whith the right price. At least when you kill it you know it wont come back. It cant couch spam, probably the best balanced cav ingame.

yes, i agree too catact is best balanced cav ingame but cav isn't balanced ingame.

Falling off the horse is low risk

Damage should be given when cav fall off the horse.

yes, i agree too catact is best balanced cav ingame but cav isn't balanced ingame.

Falling off the horse is low risk

Damage should be given when cav fall off the horse.
ye falling off should be able to be punished more. They can isntantly block aswell when falling off. While getting run over a horse is super punishing and most of the time a death sentence.

The most expensive unit should (more or less) always be the go to pick. This one isn't. Bumpstabs are not hard to do, horses could just use a litte higher maneuver values so dodging cav is not as easy as it is right now.
Also the bump formular seems to have too many variables so they're very inconsistent.

A cav without lance is not a cav.

The most expensive unit should (more or less) always be the go to pick. This one isn't. Bumpstabs are not hard to do, horses could just use a litte higher maneuver values so dodging cav is not as easy as it is right now.
Also the bump formular seems to have too many variables so they're very inconsistent.

A cav without lance is not a cav.
totally agree.
every cav should have the chance to get a lance with shield.
everyone complaining about cav being to op meanwhile 99% of all players dont have any awareness which is why cav have so much impact atm. once people understand the gamemode cav wont be as impactfull as it is atm

totally agree.
every cav should have the chance to get a lance with shield.
everyone complaining about cav being to op meanwhile 99% of all players dont have any awareness which is why cav have so much impact atm. once people understand the gamemode cav wont be as impactfull as it is atm
because its op it litterly doesnt matter where u bump into
if you get dismounted you can instantly block

the kd on inf is just hilarious broken aswell

Last edited:
because its op it litterly doesnt matter where u bump into
if you get dismounted you can instantly block
I can 100% guarantee you that cav will heavily rely on teamplay in any competetive match.
archers will just focus your horse and you are basically dead.
the only way to find out if anything is op is by having 2 stacks play against eachother

they are supposed around teamplay? and not taking frontal fights... idk how else you want to balance a mobile unit

oh ye warband had that throwing garbage. If they do that again, once nw is out half the playerbase will be gone again. We going the same road down now again, just look at the throwing stuff.

Last edited:
they are supposed around teamplay? and not taking frontal fights... idk how else you want to balance a mobile unit

oh ye warband had that throwing garbage. If they do that again, once nw is out half the playerbase will be gone again.
it rly isnt that difficult to understand. look you are comparing apples with pears. you cant compare "new" players with "veterans" who played this game for thousands of hours. ofc cav will get tons of kills if most players dont know how to deal with them.

Absolutely not worth the 200 gold. Not really tankier than other cavs, doesn't have a lance, has a small shield. Heavy kontos is very situational and doesn't compensate for the extra 20 gold. Give him at least a lance and lower the price to 180, imo.

Absolutely not worth the 200 gold. Not really tankier than other cavs, doesn't have a lance, has a small shield. Heavy kontos is very situational and doesn't compensate for the extra 20 gold. Give him at least a lance and lower the price to 180, imo.

I find myself disagreeing with this. Very powerful bumps that take away 15~ HP from heavy infantry with improved armor perks at almost full speed. The heavy kontos is, most of the times, a one-hit stab and outreaches most lances. You're also a Tiger tank in disguise with that armor on, not to mention the horse is gigantic and barely allows the archers to place good shots while approaching them, while being armored just enough to ruin an infantry's chance to do any damage with a sword up close.

I feel this cav is underpowered atm. It forces a tradeoff between complete vulnerability to missile or a complete lack of damage. A good idea might be to change the low-damage, weak af spear for a lance instead.

I feel this cav is underpowered atm. It forces a tradeoff between complete vulnerability to missile or a complete lack of damage. A good idea might be to change the low-damage, weak af spear for a lance instead.
Its also the most expensive heavy cav and you cant doublespawn with it

Back
Top Bottom