Catafrato's Hotfix & Thinner Gunsmoke mini-patch

Users who are viewing this thread

tobier said:
I still experience crashes even though I'm using the thin smoke patch. So I decided to patch the patch, so to speak, for my own use. This works alot better with my computer; just copy+paste it over everything in your particle_systems.txt
What does this patch do? Does it changes the smoke to it's default version or is it a "reduced lag" version of the current smoke?

JDeNef13

JDeNef13 said:
tobier said:
I still experience crashes even though I'm using the thin smoke patch. So I decided to patch the patch, so to speak, for my own use. This works alot better with my computer; just copy+paste it over everything in your particle_systems.txt
What does this patch do? Does it changes the smoke to it's default version or is it a "reduced lag" version of the current smoke?

JDeNef13

It's pretty much a reduced lag of the current smoke. I just played around with the values for the musket smoke, so that my game got stable. The musket smoke now is more like the pistol smoke value wise, but still looks good ingame imo.

I see you reduced the amount of particles in the smoke some more. What's the performance like with your patched patch? Can I have a screenshot of the smoke too, please? Oh, and does the hotfix work fine for you? It would be good to have some feedback on it. (incase you're using it, that is)

Catafrato said:
I see you reduced the amount of particles in the smoke some more. What's the performance like with your patched patch? Can I have a screenshot of the smoke too, please? Oh, and does the hotfix work fine for you? It would be good to have some feedback on it. (incase you're using it, that is)

Performance, for me atleast. is much better. It has atleast halfed the number of crashes I got before, so I'm happy about it. Note that the original particle_systems.txt that ships with the mod might work fine, but not for me. I'll get a screen up soon.

About the hotfix (for the uniforms and such), I haven't checked it out yet, I'm more interesting in stabilizing than fixing minor bugs. :smile:

How'd you remove the Black Watch backside clip error? I might include it and the smoke patch in v.0.3 of the Add-on pack, of course I'll give credit.

Venitius said:
How'd you remove the Black Watch backside clip error? I might include it and the smoke patch in v.0.3 of the Add-on pack, of course I'll give credit.

Hey Venitius, we have a fix on the rifle accuracy at all?  Just curious, not demanding.

OKayy... just downloaded the patch, and did the lil' smoke patch. Now when i get into battle, as soon as someone fires a gun, it crashes and takes me back to the desktop :sad: From what i've heard there's no solution or fix. Low quality patch apparently won't work so... May as well delete the module and find some other mods, that don't have unfixable errors... I iz gunna cwy  :cry:

Scratch that, Dunno what I did but it's fine now...

Yeah, what I tried to do was reduce the accuracy a bit so it wouldn't be a problem too early in the game.

BTW Poppa, glad you made it work.

Catafrato said:
Yeah, what I tried to do was reduce the accuracy a bit so it wouldn't be a problem too early in the game.

BTW Poppa, glad you made it work.

How did you alter the accuracy on the rifles?

Item Editor? The problem is that if you lower the accuracy, the AI won't be as good in exchange for the player having a small chance of it hitting.

for all of you crashing just go fight a dif battle thats what i did and i never crash now  :grin:

it seems to have somthing to do wiht a bug in the specific battle your fighting

Hey guys, it's me again. I've been busy lately, but in the coming days I'm going to make an updated version of the hotfix for those who have Venitius's Napoleonic Units Pack.

Can you upload it somewhere else than rapidshare? I'm not a premium member and there's not enough download slots left for free members

Back
Top Bottom