Castle Ruins For Creating a Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi everybody,

While the game is in early access, I think it is evaluating new ideas with the feedback of its community while developers designing and gradually adding mechanics to the game. Obviously, at least I want to believe it.

As you know, when the clan level is 4 and we have a settlement after the last additions, we provide the proper conditions for establishing a kingdom. However, we cannot obtain this settlement required to establish a kingdom without breaking your relationship with another kingdom. To obtain this settlement, you must join a kingdom and leave the kingdom without returning it to the king after you own it. So you have to be a traitor. Another way is by declaring war for a kingdom and invading settlement, so you can get the settlement. We may even conquer one of the last settlements of a kingdom that has been weakened by other kingdoms to do this. But these two ways are the negative methods. So can we get our first settlement in a relatively positive/neuter way?

-You can skip this part if you think the thread is too long- Considering that the game is out of early access, we may not want to establish a kingdom in the first generation of our family by playing the game slower without hurrying to establish a kingdom. e.g. Starting our adventure as the son of a blacksmith, we can play as someone who develops the business by opening blacksmith shops in different towns and tries to get rich by trading. Perhaps we can earn dirty money by fighting in the streets of different towns and getting exaction from merchants. Obviously, with the activation of the death of the characters, I frankly plan to play the game in the most difficult setting, cautious and slow. No matter how you earn your fortune, you will want to leave a fortune and a fortress to your heir. It is precisely at this point that we can plan to create a kingdom quietly which will last for several generations.

So, how can the idea of a castle ruin work?

I think that adding one or more castle ruins in the geography of each faction could be a more neutral option in the acquisition of the first settlement. So how can we have this castle ruin?

- Once a certain clan level is reached, it can be purchased from the king of the faction where the castle ruins remain. (e.g. 100K Gold for Castle Ruins)

- Some amount of payment may be required to hire workers for the repair of the purchased castle ruins. (e.g. 50K more Gold)

- A number of materials may need to be recovered and added to the inventory in the Castle to activate the mechanics currently being used to manage and upgrade settlements. ( e.g 1K hardwoods, 1K tools, 1K furs, or more or less amount and types of materials.)

- If there are more than one castle ruins in each kingdom, after the preferred castle ruin is taken, other castle ruins can be taken by the king or a clan leader in the kingdom. The player cannot buy more castles.

- Maybe even a short story can be written for the castle ruins for the role-playing part that is suitable for the culture of the kingdom and the location where each castle is located.

These are the things that come to my mind for now. Do you think it would be useful to add such an application? What else can be added without complicating this application?

Yeah, I missed that one:cautious: but still it can be useful, isn't it? :rolleyes:
Mmmm...I am not sure that creating of brand new economic entities would work. If you build new castle, it needs also some villages to feed it. I guess in global situation you would drastically alternate and maybe break economy of the uniersum by randomly adding new fiefs.

Interesting idea but....:smile:

It requires almost maxed Trade skill and I can't imagine how can I max it without using mods
Trading skill is easy to level up if you are actually trading and making profits (looting from fights and selling isn't the same). Like this guy said he wants to play slow and for generations so he may not want to rush to a kingdom. You can certainly get max trading in a lifetime if you focus on it.

Mmmm...I am not sure that creating of brand new economic entities would work. If you build new castle, it needs also some villages to feed it. I guess in global situation you would drastically alternate and maybe break economy of the uniersum by randomly adding new fiefs.

Interesting idea but....:smile:
The ruins could just have a couple of invisible villages that appear when the castle is rebuilt. They wouldn't be randomly placed, they'd be designed to be where they are and just need to be activated.

If the global economy is so fragile that adding a few more fiefs breaks it, then there is something seriously wrong with the economy system. That doesn't bode well at all for mods which will want to create entirely different maps.

Trade skill is indeed the possibility but not all people are that eager to become traders in the game, plus it takes forever to raise the trade skill so high to get that option.

Castle ruin suggestion is AWESOME. It will be wonderful to start your own settlement from the scratch and see how it grows, but I have read somewhere that devs turned down one of the pre-planned features where you could establish your own settlement. So I guess this won't be coming as well :sad:

I also would play the **** out of mod that would play something like "Settlers" for your settlement where you build different buildings to produce different items that are needed to produce yet another item in the chain of goods that are necessary for your settlement's prosperity. But that is just my dream. Have no idea about coding but if anybody takes this idea I'd be glad to help in any other way I can.

Back
Top Bottom