Siege Castle of fen Altai

Currently viewing this thread:

Callum

Community Manager
Best answers

Please leave all map-related feedback for Castle of fen Altai in this thread.

minimap_Castle_of_fen_Altai.jpg

Last edited:

Fabiano_il_Capo

Sergeant
WBVC
Best answers
Right on time Callum, I just needed this 👌

Here's a glitch I encountered yesterday.

The position on the map is this:

Nemsis

Recruit
Best answers
As attacker is the left sieg tower useless. The archers can shot you in the back, if you climb it up. You have to redesign the siege tower or let him docking on a wall, where archers can't shoot you in the back. I have possibilities come into the castle, after B and A is taken. I just miss one more on the right side. There is just one ladder to climb, which archers can easy defend. I think a tunnel or double doors would be to much, but some other solution would be nice.
Like the idea with tower in the middle for the archers. Is something different to other maps which I know in other games.

As defender I see a lot possibilties to defend the castle. Just on B sometimes it's hard to defend, if attackers are already there. They can easy kill you, if you jump down and falter. It would better to have a little bit more faster and easier way to come down.
After F is taken by defenders, I have never seen a game, there the defenders could held G. 100% of all match up this point attackers won here. The way from the respawn point of the attackers to G is to easy. Also the attackers can come from different sides, where the defenders can build up a tactic againts this. It's ends up that defenders run to G and try to kill some many attackers as possible, before they die. I would prefere to put the flag more to the back walls and just let some ways to reach here, so that defenders have the chance to defend it.

.Brandis

Subforum Moderator
Best answers
  • A and B flags should be swapped. B is easier to take than A because it's just on the ground.
  • The siege tower doesn't have enough health. It always gets broken before getting to the wall.
  • The main gate favors defenders too much. Not sure what could be changed. Perhaps some of the barricades for defense removed?
  • The final flag almost always favors attackers. Some additional defenses should be added there, especially some anti-cav ones.

Gragnok

Knight at Arms
WBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
The attacking teams archers are actually in a superior position at the start.

No castle would ever be built in a location where attackers can swarm up the nearby hills and easily fire into it....The fact that the ruined gatehouse is the largest and tallest bit of the castle is madness.

A defending archer should never be in a position where they are getting shot from the sides and above or from in front and above by the enemy archers prior to the enemy capturing the walls. Thats the entire point of walls, they were designed to protect defenders from this. If someone did build a fort by a hill they would have built a wall high enough to prevent archers on the hill shooting in so easily. Instead this map encourages this to happen.

A few invisible walls would be an extremely quick fix for the devs without actually altering the appearance of the map. Prevent the attackers from climbing the ruined gatehouse or flanking up the sides on the hills. This would stop them firing along the walls and down into them so easily.

Mabons

Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
No castle would ever be built in a location where attackers can swarm up the nearby hills and easily fire into it....The fact that the ruined gatehouse is the largest and tallest bit of the castle is madness.
You are not wrong in your post but I can imagine that the ruined gatehouse is part of a bigger wall that was destroyed in a previous siege and the defenders just havent had time to replace it yet. The larger wall would likely prevent people from actually using the hills to fire into the castle.

OrANgExEddie

Recruit
WBNWVC
Best answers
  • A and B flags should be swapped. B is easier to take than A because it's just on the ground.
  • The siege tower doesn't have enough health. It always gets broken before getting to the wall.
  • The main gate favors defenders too much. Not sure what could be changed. Perhaps some of the barricades for defense removed?
  • The final flag almost always favors attackers. Some additional defenses should be added there, especially some anti-cav ones.
+1 for the siege tower not getting to the wall. I've probably played this map a few dozen times and I only ever remember seeing that siege tower make it to the wall maybe twice.

lockefeer

Sergeant
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
There is a bug near the breakable bridge where items dropped near it appear oversized, giant items.
here's a video:

Davic

Master Knight
WBNW
Best answers
I think a big issue with this map is how accessible G is to cavalry. Once the weakened wall is broken (which usually happens pretty fast unless the defenders actively try to stop the artillery) cavalry just needs to break 2 barricades that go down in a few hits and then they can contest G the entire game, meaning you'll constantly need people sitting on the last flag. Often you'll reach this state even before A and B are taken.

Mabons

Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Best answers
I think a big issue with this map is how accessible G is to cavalry. Once the weakened wall is broken (which usually happens pretty fast unless the defenders actively try to stop the artillery) cavalry just needs to break 2 barricades that go down in a few hits and then they can contest G the entire game, meaning you'll constantly need people sitting on the last flag. Often you'll reach this state even before A and B are taken.
And at that point, it becomes a coin toss basically, who has the biggest cluster**** wins.

Best answers
Is this intentional? Horses can completely bypass the two wooden barricades by jumping over this thing. The strategy on this map is to quickly break the B wall, then storm that side with horses, jump over this part and quickly cap F (by quickly making your way up the long stairs with a horse) and then G (unless a troll defender destroyed the G barricade for no reason, you probably would go straight to G first). If you thought one person doing it was annoying, imagine multiple. Easy way to help the attackers capture A and B quickly and move on because the defenders are probably sending 7-10 people to recapture those points constantly (or at least try to recapture and stay there) if just a few attackers are doing it.

Siege maps are pretty equally balanced if it's a full 60v60 from the beginning, but because the game is dead and the game never really gets a full 60v60 until late game (ie. F and G fights). So, siege maps tend to be harder for attackers in general because of this and so you might reason that this gives the attackers an edge to balance it out. But still, because of the two wooden barricades there, I don't really think this was intentional