Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.

Pertuzi

Recruit
Summary: When sieging castles (presumably with low loyalty), militia does not join the battle. Rebellion mechanics are supposed to affect only towns
How to Reproduce: Siege a castle with (presumably) low loyalty
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: N/A
GPU Driver Version:N/A
CPU: N/A
RAM: N/A
Motherboard: N/A
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): N/A
Media:

image-2022-01-10-131051.png

I havent read that its supposed to work for towns only?
(I thougth that its only actual towns that will rebel due to lack of loyalty, or atleast I've only seen towns do it, and there's been castles with tanked loyalty down in the 0 range).

I've seen it with castles that have low loyalty all the time, I've always thougth this was as designed after the "rebellion" system was introduced.

I havent read that its supposed to work for towns only?
(I thougth that its only actual towns that will rebel due to lack of loyalty, or atleast I've only seen towns do it, and there's been castles with tanked loyalty down in the 0 range).

I've seen it with castles that have low loyalty all the time, I've always thougth this was as designed after the "rebellion" system was introduced.
My guess is that only towns can actually rebel, but militia is refusing to defend both towns and castles when loyality is below 25. I'm curious if that's the case or if I misunderstood this game mechanic.

What was the loyalty value when this issue was happening?
I was attacking, so I can't see it. If this is the intended behaviour, AI needs to leave larger garrisons AND attacker has to be able to see whether the militia will join or not. IMHO militia should not even appear on the "troops list", if it won't join the battle.

I was attacking, so I can't see it. If this is the intended behaviour, AI needs to leave larger garrisons AND attacker has to be able to see whether the militia will join or not. IMHO militia should not even appear on the "troops list", if it won't join the battle.

"you can see it before attacking" though if you do a little "recon".. aka look up the fief in the enyclopedia, among the summary details there loyalty should also be shown(does that on my unmodded version).

Thus you can more easily see if the militia will join or not.

My guess is that only towns can actually rebel, but militia is refusing to defend both towns and castles when loyality is below 25. I'm curious if that's the case or if I misunderstood this game mechanic.

Thats my understanding aswell if the loyalty is below 25 the "milita is plotting a revolt" (even if they cant do it with Castles).
They wont see the attackers as enemies, but liberators.

"you can see it before attacking" though if you do a little "recon".. aka look up the fief in the enyclopedia, among the summary details there loyalty should also be shown(does that on my unmodded version).

Thus you can more easily see if the militia will join or not.
To see the strength of defenders, you need to be in view range, so at that point it is easier/faster to actually siege the fief (assuming you are already at war)

Either route you choose, it is just a workaround requiring several clicks to an issue that should not exist.

If the militia won't join, it should not be shown as "strength" for defenders. Just show >Garrison> instead of <Garrison + Militia> if loyalty is too low.

Back
Top Bottom