castle guards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Uhtred Ragnarson

Knight at Arms
I am playing as a Nordic Lord, as I've given my oath to Ragnar, and I'm curious why my castle guards aren't housecarls. I'm talking about the guards immediately inside your castle/city hall, they are nord warriors. What is the purpose of a housecarl (house-man) if not to protect my household and myself? Why aren't guards the top tier level of your faction? Better yet, we should be able to choose who serves as our guard... I'd really like to see Marnid and Firentis standing guard in heraldic armor.:shock: Wonder why the devs made it this way. Maybe its insignificant, but I would like a little more customization and thought put into castles and cities so they aren't all the same. If its my city, I wanna put my troops in it :grin:

Does it really matter? I mean, why do you care? I guess you could tweak the game to change that, but seriously, why does it matter? As far as I know you can't change it, but you've probably got better things to worry about.

Nice idea. It would be nice if you had somone like guard captain. You could tell him who will guard your castle and to send patrols to the nearby territory. I think it's possible but it's something for skillfull moder or dev to do.

First of all it's Huscarl not Housecarl so it's not house-man. Although it would be nice if the elite soldiers of a faction actually guards the town/castle.

baama13 said:
First of all it's Huscarl not Housecarl so it's not house-man. Although it would be nice if the elite soldiers of a faction actually guards the town/castle.

HUS=house

Huscarls are JANITORS!?  :shock:

:grin: The exact ranslation of house man into finnish is "talon mies" which means janitor. >.<

I am the leader of bloody janitors!

Mr-Morgan said:
Huscarls are JANITORS!?  :shock:

:grin: The exact ranslation of house man into finnish is "talon mies" which means janitor. >.<

I am the leader of bloody janitors!
Well, now that you mentioned there should be a bit more ambient stuff going on like janitor cleaning up the castle etc.

And for castle guards. I wonder whats the logic behind them. I conquered one castle with swadian units and there were swadian units in that castle for a while. Now all units in that castle are sarranid units and castle guards have been sometimes swadian and sometimes vaegir(I have never had any vaegir units or even killed any vaegir units.). I think it should take first units from garrison for guards or something like that so player would have some control over those guards.

The castle guards are just there for aesthetics...for the time being anyway. You also have to remember that a Nord Warrior, even though below Veterans and Huscarls, are still a force to be reckoned with in melee.

if they were huslars you'd get raped every time you tryed to rescue a lord with your **** stick from the nords.

Hell at least you have Nords.

I took over Wercheg from them and I got two Swadian Sergeants for guards in my hall.  I've never even used swadian troops!  I guess it s some sort of "swiss guards".

Yeah, that will happen if if youre a Rebel King in Vanilla M&B as well.

Uhtred Ragnarson said:
I am playing as a Nordic Lord, as I've given my oath to Ragnar, and I'm curious why my castle guards aren't housecarls. I'm talking about the guards immediately inside your castle/city hall, they are nord warriors. What is the purpose of a housecarl (house-man) if not to protect my household and myself? Why aren't guards the top tier level of your faction? Better yet, we should be able to choose who serves as our guard... I'd really like to see Marnid and Firentis standing guard in heraldic armor.:shock: Wonder why the devs made it this way. Maybe its insignificant, but I would like a little more customization and thought put into castles and cities so they aren't all the same. If its my city, I wanna put my troops in it :grin:

Bernard Cornwell, good stuff. Did you read "The Burning Lands" yet?

Back
Top Bottom