Carryover feature topic for 1.0 (+)

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's the current list of features I am going to carry over  :

• My mercenary contract system.
  • Pillaging.
  • Ability to siege castles and towns as a neutral.
  • Ability to enter combat on ANY side of a battle (not just when you are at war with someone)... so long as you were neutral and not in a kingdom.
  • Tax Collection system.
  • Morale system.
  • Troop size calculation changes.
  • Enemy troop size calculation changes.
  • Faction Visibility System.

So, I've got a lot of work to do porting the old stuff.

There's parts I'll keep, and parts I will get rid of.  What I want to hear from all of you are the parts you think I should keep.

I'd rather we talk about it in terms of gameplay, rather than details.  For example, if you really like the way I redesigned the early/middle game, talk about that rather than specifics but whatever.  If there are specifics you love, then by all means.

Anyhow, just wanted to kick this off. 

I am playing M&B and honestly I don't like it without my mod, so I have to port it anyhow for my own pleasure.  I'll let you all play it too though, I'm nice that way.  heh.

Yay nox!!!!

I agree with your sentiments completly, I don't feel like M&B is a true 1.0 without your mod and the mercenary system that is in native is pretty terrible, it's interesting getting certain missions but I think Bandit King can expand and improve on that.

I'm so happy your back :grin:

It's been a while since I played Bandit King, but the way fief taxes were collected? Big... BIG. no. HUGE plus.

Reitema said:
It's been a while since I played Bandit King, but the way fief taxes were collected? Big... BIG. no. HUGE plus.

Right.  There are a few significant ways in which the existing game mechanic broke down at the end-game.    Your kingdom could get so spread out that you spent significant time running around just collecting taxes.

I also correctly calculated the cost of troops stationed not in combat, etc.

Here's my short list so far ... =)

Ability to enter combat on ANY side of a battle (not just when you are at war with someone)... so long as you were neutral and not in a kingdom. 

Ability to siege castles and towns as a neutral.

Ability to raid villages for troops.

Things I'd add...

Ability to 'raid' towns the way you 'raid' villages.
Loot wagons that follow you.

The sooner we get a list of top features, the sooner I can get a working 1.0+ version going, so please ... =)

Looking forward to the good, old fashioned independent slaughter of Bandit King.  Larger army possibilities are important, and we'll need those captains to manage our expanding empire.  Will there be something like Cusotm Settlement's steward that we can install at the our holdings?

I haven't played the mod you are talking about but I will if there's something to learn from it.

The native code has a seneschal that is not enabled, perhaps they enabled/fleshed that out.  I will check it out when I can.

I havent' seen ashes42's latest changes, but I was working towards you being able to send your own heroes out and give them units and commands.  He was on board with that, and worked on the mod for a few months alone.

kingdom management is definitely someting I am about, so I am all for that stuff.

Ive never played this mod but im desperate to get the 1.0 version of it :!:  I just wonder, is there any way to get like Mountain bandits in this mod? (Except from recruiting them from captivity)

Jabor II Anubis said:
Ive never played this mod but im desperate to get the 1.0 version of it :!:  I just wonder, is there any way to get like Mountain bandits in this mod? (Except from recruiting them from captivity)

Not in the previous versions (not saying its not going to be implemented though), but in Bandit King you can join a fight on anyside and fight anyone so you can always grab some bandits from them pesky manhunters.

Ok. Anyway this is the mod i've always dreamed of! Ive got some good expectations on it. Btw when do you think the new version will be released? Like May, June or (Hope not) August?

Back
Top Bottom