Caribbean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mike56 said:
The ships's physics. Look at yoshiboy's ships while sailing. They move looking so natural because of the waves hits.

I'm sure this team fully dedicated to this game can do the same that a lonely guy made in 2010.

Can you produce a link to a video or something?

There was a small patch today. Here it's notes.
Update notes (April 30th)
Hi everyone,

Here are today's fixes:

- Improved water look — thanks, everyone who wasn't scared by it.
- Added income from battle victories.
- Starting fleet is changed.
- Player's crew now has two cannons: one is for gunner, another is for the player.

We ask you to bear with our dummy economy for now, it'll be deeply changed throughout May. Besides that, we want to test the artillery more closely — we suspect it to be very unbalanced at the moment.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/293010/discussions

M.ArdA said:
There was a small patch today. Here it's notes.
Update notes (April 30th)
Hi everyone,

Here are today's fixes:

- Improved water look — thanks, everyone who wasn't scared by it.
- Added income from battle victories.
- Starting fleet is changed.
- Player's crew now has two cannons: one is for gunner, another is for the player.

We ask you to bear with our dummy economy for now, it'll be deeply changed throughout May. Besides that, we want to test the artillery more closely — we suspect it to be very unbalanced at the moment.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/293010/discussions

The steam community discussions give me cancer

Orchid said:
Hadn't heard about that mod up until today. Was there ever a playable version available, open to the public? Did Yosjiboy suggest Taleworlds should launch it as a DLC or am I mistaken?
Going back to this - IIRC Yoshi stopped working on it, and M&B altogether, after TW were a bunch of bastards to him when he applied for a job.

Goker said:
I do not understand how people couldn't get ships. I encountered a quest line that got me a free schooner on day 1.

Am I supposed to follow that quest line to get a ship? Because you really shouldn't be able to decline it if that's the case. I failed when that guy asked me if I wanted to join France, which I obviously didn't. I had no idea it would cost me a ship.

You don't actually join France. If you complete the "tutorial" quest you automatically fail the Marque quest as you are no longer serving under that French guy and are free to roam about as you please.

It's not exactly necessary, more like a helpful boost. If you're smart and do a bit of island trading between Tortuga and La Navidad you can raise quite a bit of coin and easily have enough to buy a schooner or brig.

Bought it on Steam today and after a few hours of playing I am hugely disappointed:

Can not walk around in any town / big city.
The game have almost no quests.
Ship combat is extremely boring and not immersive.
Combat itself is boring, especially the shooting.
Bad optimization: try shoot a cannon on land and try looking into the smoke.
The one trasure quest I got was very boring, just had to find the place and chose "dig".
I can see they spent a lot of time altering the Warband engine to Sea warfare. Too bad they forgot to make a fun and interesting game in all this.
Now waiting for Bannerlord....and later the mods for it.

Yet another person who didn't read the words "Alpha" and "70% done and still adding new content". Give it some more time and hopefully they'll get everything done, if not we can always mod the things we want in.

And maybe some of you here should stop acting so patronizing?
If this is 70 % done, I am really curious how the 100 % version will be.
I played free mods who are much more immersive and content rich than this one.
I was actually shocked you could do so little in this game.
And the ship combat is extremely boring... which is incredible since this is about naval warfare.

What the ****, sea battle and huge boarding action is fine but things get choppy on a 3 vs 6 land battle.  :neutral:

Spec:8 gig of ram
a quad core processor intel core i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz
Nvidia Gforce GTX 650
Win 7 64 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom