Caribbean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volkonski said:
You can either privateer for any faction by gaining a letter of Marque, or if you've built up enough renown join a faction (I'd advise against joining though as for some odd reason whenever you get told to speak to the marshal while he's at sea you only get an option to flee or surrender, which means waiting until he's on land). Or you can do the old classic and make your own faction, but there isn't much in the way of building one up as its literally capture a town (which is very easy, you can capture one with just 30 militiamen), name your faction and done, no option to improve your town/village and no option to change your flag (you're stuck with a Portuguese flag).

I think a little less than 70 percent of content is in the game

RabbleKnight said:
Volkonski said:
You can either privateer for any faction by gaining a letter of Marque, or if you've built up enough renown join a faction (I'd advise against joining though as for some odd reason whenever you get told to speak to the marshal while he's at sea you only get an option to flee or surrender, which means waiting until he's on land). Or you can do the old classic and make your own faction, but there isn't much in the way of building one up as its literally capture a town (which is very easy, you can capture one with just 30 militiamen), name your faction and done, no option to improve your town/village and no option to change your flag (you're stuck with a Portuguese flag).

Do they plan to improve on it?

One would think so, it's an alpha.

I bought it, but I'm not entirely sure whether to play it now and ruin the novelty of a good game while it's problematic and lacking certain features.

Yet the full release is in autumn. :sad:

Can one recruit companions in any way? Are there quests?

YourStepDad said:
RabbleKnight said:
Volkonski said:

Do they plan to improve on it?

One would think so, it's an alpha.

I bought it, but I'm not entirely sure whether to play it now and ruin the novelty of a good game while it's problematic and lacking certain features.

Yet the full release is in autumn. :sad:

Can one recruit companions in any way? Are there quests?
You can recruit a french guy right at the beginning if you follow through the old jorge quest, not sure about anyone else though. I've only encountered a few quests (one of them being bugged which was a capture/destroy spanish convoy quest), but I've only played 2 hours so far so i'll keep looking.

Game is buggy and crashy but that was to be expected.
I have low FPS during small land battle which is absolutely not normal considering my spec:
Intel core i5 3330 [email protected]
8 gig ram
Nvidia Gforce GTX 650
Win 7 64 bit

-------------------------------------------
Why can't i walk around town like in regular M&B?

Where the **** are those 2 English vessels i need to destroy for that Frenchman?

I often crash when the muskets fire on first volley during ship battles.
No idea why we can't visit inns and wander the towns, it's a bit wank. I can only assume that they are not yet finished with it...

The quest log tells you; just patrol the narrow neck of sea water outside of the town and they'll appear in a day or two.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
No idea why we can't visit inns and wander the towns, it's a bit wank. I can only assume that they are not yet finished with it...

Really hope is that. I want to visit nice places and scenes like the one in the main menu.

RabbleKnight said:
Game is buggy and crashy but that was to be expected.
I have low FPS during small land battle which is absolutely not normal considering my spec:
Intel core i5 3330 [email protected]
8 gig ram
Nvidia Gforce GTX 650
Win 7 64 bit

-------------------------------------------
Why can't i walk around town like in regular M&B?

Where the **** are those 2 English vessels i need to destroy for that Frenchman?

Just poke around Baracua and they'll appear. Make sure you get some men from the taverns or you're toast.

All in all, looks very promising to me, but still very much incomplete for me to enjoy it. I'll wait for the full release knowing I have the game. :razz:

And it looked a lot better. Damn, look at the ships moves. In caribbean they have a lot more unnatural moves.

I hope the developers can in the end make something similar to this dead mod.

Hadn't heard about that mod up until today. Was there ever a playable version available, open to the public? Did Yosjiboy suggest Taleworlds should launch it as a DLC or am I mistaken?

mike56 said:
And it looked a lot better. Damn, look at the ships moves. In caribbean they have a lot more unnatural moves.

I hope the developers can in the end make something similar to this dead mod.
...Rope-jumping at 1:36 is what i love and hope it would be implemented on Caribbean! boarding ships battles...

N.B.:...anyway this game would be epic with a multiplayer mode...

ciauz^^,
Jab

The ships's physics. Look at yoshiboy's ships while sailing. They move looking so natural because of the waves hits.

I'm sure this team fully dedicated to this game can do the same that a lonely guy made in 2010.

mike56 said:
The ships's physics. Look at yoshiboy's ships while sailing. They move looking so natural because of the waves hits.
I'm sure this team fully dedicated to this game can do the same that a lonely guy made in 2010.
I wouldn't go so far as fully dedicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom