Caribbean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mike56 said:
Oh please, fix nº 3. I need to see some Caribbean scenes so badly. This can't be true...

Well, before continuing reporting bugs and issues... is this the right place to do this? Or I should go to snowbird's forum?

Ours would be more preferable :smile: It's right here: http://www.snowbirdgames.com/forum/index.php?forums/caribbean.4/

mike56 said:
Well I've been playing some minutes... and in these minutes I've seen some things (bugs?)

1. I can sail without having boat. Don't know if this is intentional, but when I go to a harbour the guy says me I don't have any boat. Then, if I fight on a naval battle I can see a really little boat.

2. I cant turn the camera on the map or in the sea battles? That's a shame!

3. I can't visit the towns nor the taberns? That's another shame!

4. It's my computer fault or are you still working on the sea?

_ONfy.jpg

Well... I'll continue reporting things like this.

1. I can confirm this, might wanna get on this Snowbird

2. Right mouse button to pan and zoom, took me a while to figure it out

3. Taverns aren't in yet

4. That might be because you're running it in DX7, this problem doesn't occur in DX9.

TheFlyingFishy said:
TheFlyingFishy said:
A thought just occurred to me. What about those beta signups everyone did like two years ago? Are those invalidated? If so, why?

Yes, too much time has passed since then and going with Early Access seems like a more interesting option. It's not just about the money — we've always wanted to try and see how it'd work out for the development.

It sure feels like it's just about the money. Especially when you consider that when you announced the game the concept of buy-in early access wasn't really around/ wasn't feasible. Don't see how you could have "always" wanted to see how it'd work, that being the case.

Nothing is ever about the money when it comes to public relations, Fishy. Have you ever heard Microsoft or Apple or Valve or whoever say they "just wanted you to shell out a little bit more"? No, it's always in the consumer's interest. We're helping the project come along. We're making the product better. We're curing cancer and AIDS and ****ing aging by giving them just a few bucks for early access.

Player feedback is valuable here.
Also I will gladly purchase this now, not only because I can give feedback but primarily because paying now will increase their budget and the end project will recieve more effort, so no, it's not about the money.
Not to mention it gets more publicity from regular Steam users, wanderers...

He never said it wasn't about the money. He said it wasn't just about the money. You're a fool if you think getting the game into Steam early-access isn't a better option for reaching more people than doing beta-testing on their own with the community they could reach out to.

Well there was some controversy recently about early-access and quality control in general across Steam's library. Namely singular developers slapping together a map and some rudimentary FPS mechanics in Unity and charging 20 dollars for it. But I don't think that needs to concern Caribbean!, or Mount and Blade: Caribbean! or Mount and Blade: To the Caribbean! or With Fire and Sword 2: To the Caribbean! or whatever the hell this game is called.

Goker said:
He never said it wasn't about the money. He said it wasn't just about the money. You're a fool if you think getting the game into Steam early-access isn't a better option for reaching more people than doing beta-testing on their own with the community they could reach out to.
I did say it's in our best interests that the game gets properly developed etc. etc. I don't see what you're nagging about. :razz:

Leifr Eiríksson said:
I see Lust is streaming it now.
Wouldn't it be fantastic if he spent time promoting mods that are free and created on the back of non-paid regular folk. /dreamworld.
If you have any recommendations for mods that could use some help with promotion, feel free to share and send me a PM. I really wouldn't overestimate my influence though, you'd be far better off getting an already successful, active streamer/youtuber to play the mod. I just did it for the fun of it and to catch a bit of hype around the release. Get another couple of Twitter followers.

I was kinda let down by the alpha state of things but the I bought a CANNON. A CANNON. Dang, you guys completely nailed how the bots operate and fire the cannons on their own. :grin: Maybe you should tone down a accuracy down a little bit though....

I heard about this around an hour ago, and during the first half of my search, my mentality was "I'm so excited for this mod!" Then I found out it wasn't even a mod. :shock:
My anticipation was completely eradicated.

I don't know, maybe I'm spoiled because there are great mods made by dedicated members of the MnB Modding community completely free of charge, with Brytenwalda as one of my favorites due to its exceptional campaign focus.
This Caribbean! title doesn't really seem like a whole new game to me is what I'm getting at. :neutral:

I'll just stick with Warband and wait around for Bannerlord's release 8 years from now (joke).

Good luck with the game, anyway! :mrgreen:

It's not a whole new game. It's a game using the MnB engine using MnB mechanics, but with new features and a different setting.

I haven't tried it yet but if it has that Sid Meier's Pirates vibe on the naval battle side, I'll certainly give it a try.

Untitled. said:
Goker said:
I did say it's in our best interests that the game gets properly developed etc. etc. I don't see what you're nagging about. :razz:
I wasn't talking to you, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom