Caribbean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Docm30 said:
How exactly do I get a ship in this game? Capturing one with the starting rowboat seems to be impossible and I can't figure out another way to make money.

You can go to a harbour and try to buy a medium-size boat... around 5000-10000 coins...

PD: It seems nobody reads the snowbird forum. So i'll keep posting here.

Docm30 said:
How exactly do I get a ship in this game? Capturing one with the starting rowboat seems to be impossible and I can't figure out another way to make money.
Last night I was taking out loans without the intention of paying them back, which you can do from the merchant's guild.

Also, if you can scrap together money for a pack of grenades, they can really... turn the tide of a battle :lol:.

Captain Lust said:
Docm30 said:
Last night I was taking out loans without the intention of paying them back, which you can do from the merchant's guild.

Also, if you can scrap together money for a pack of grenades, they can really... turn the tide of a battle :lol:.
pro tip: don't forget to bring a sword!

Played about 4 hours of the game. So far. Pretty good. However. It does not have longevity quite yet. And making money is very vague and way too difficult.

Mockin people who are not native speakers. Great job!
İf you ask me ship to ship multiplayer would be really interesting and kinda cool. But it is too early to see a mp feature in the game.

Yes but Old Jorge is particularly dodgy looking and one has the option of declining his offer. Unfortunately, declining his offer leads to a -10 relations hit with every faction for some reason (at least, it did in my game).

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Yes but Old Jorge is particularly dodgy looking and one has the option of declining his offer. Unfortunately, declining his offer leads to a -10 relations hit with every faction for some reason (at least, it did in my game).
Speaking of quests
Is there any quests other than old Jorge?

Game now on steam and the forum are filled with the usual ''Why pay for a mod'' comments.

But judging from the video, the ship combat is awesome and no mod could do it.

Can you still join faction and conquer town like in regular M&B?

You can either privateer for any faction by gaining a letter of Marque, or if you've built up enough renown join a faction (I'd advise against joining though as for some odd reason whenever you get told to speak to the marshal while he's at sea you only get an option to flee or surrender, which means waiting until he's on land). Or you can do the old classic and make your own faction, but there isn't much in the way of building one up as its literally capture a town (which is very easy, you can capture one with just 30 militiamen), name your faction and done, no option to improve your town/village and no option to change your flag (you're stuck with a Portuguese flag).

Volkonski said:
You can either privateer for any faction by gaining a letter of Marque, or if you've built up enough renown join a faction (I'd advise against joining though as for some odd reason whenever you get told to speak to the marshal while he's at sea you only get an option to flee or surrender, which means waiting until he's on land). Or you can do the old classic and make your own faction, but there isn't much in the way of building one up as its literally capture a town (which is very easy, you can capture one with just 30 militiamen), name your faction and done, no option to improve your town/village and no option to change your flag (you're stuck with a Portuguese flag).

Do they plan to improve on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom