Caribbean! Map Return to 3D Poll

Should Caribbean! return back to its original 3D map istead of the current 2D picture map?

• Yes

Votes: 99 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 26 20.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

My suggestion about more complex global map still stands.
I really hope Snowbird will change this flat ground sooner than later. Make it real with hard passable rivers, mountains and jungles...

gozer0 said:
Viking Conquest featured a very cool 3d map but it hogged resources.  More bells and whistles doesnt guarantee better gameplay.
VC's map was not actually that resource intensive (I know because I made a lot of it), it was the number of scripts VC had running on the map screen that made it resource intensive - if you used VC's map and but removed many of the new scripts VC added then it wouldnt be much more intensive that natives map.

As far as I can see Caribbean! actually doesn't have these scripts running, which is good, right? Makes the things easier if Snowbird wish to improve the map.

The terrain on the old 3D map did not make much difference for movement. There were few restricted movement spots such as river crossings. Most movement is done at sea anyways on this particular map. The 2D map could use a higher resolution texture though.

Please revert, and please also have it that everything but battles is not going through mainly 2D menus. They can surely do things there own way, but too much is 2d.

I'm worried about the lack of progress on Caribbean!

Soon there will be 2 full months since the last patch. And generally speaking, these patches served only as bugfixes. I mean they added little to no additional content which was initially promised. Despite the overwhelming poll here Snowbird isn't making any changes to the game map as far as I'm aware.

Will be great if these 2 months were actually used to work hard and bring new features to Caribbean!, like native tribes and improved map. I've yet to believe that Snowbird will scrap their game like they did to wFaS, but who knows?

Lately, I don't have faith in game developers anymore and I'll avoid buying preorders or early access games, because most of them fail to deliver the promises.

Sorry for the rough views, but I really expected to see something more complete from February till today.

Back
Top Bottom