Caravans

Users who are viewing this thread

So, is there any point in sending caravans now? I literally cant earn any money. They getting destroying before they turn back. In-game time shows me already 10 year and the game blocked quest "Assemble the Dragon Banner". Meanwhile i cant even earn enough money to hold army bigger than 70 units.

So, is there any point in sending caravans now? I literally cant earn any money.
Caravans work better during early game since bandit parties are smaller.

In-game time shows me already 10 year and the game blocked quest "Assemble the Dragon Banner"
Yep, you failed the main quest, bud

Meanwhile i cant even earn enough money to hold army bigger than 70 units.
what is the post purpose again?

I've occasionally had better luck running a caravan with someone who's a scout rather than a trader since they have a better chance of seeing and avoiding enemies.

You need to beat up enemies. If you don't have any, make some. In the early game I play kinda like it's an sea expedition or a whaling ship, I have a goal to go out and hunt down khuzait parties and loot them until I have X money, then I return to my town to attend to business, then repeat. I won't make nay workshops or caravans until I have a lot of money, because unless you have real extra money it's not worth it. It a convenience to have a little extra daily income, but until you really have like 200K + just sitting there, you might as well hold onto the money. Also you need to drop some money into getting a town stabilized and fed too, so I'd rather do that for a LITTLE passive income.

I've occasionally had better luck running a caravan with someone who's a scout rather than a trader since they have a better chance of seeing and avoiding enemies.
This is a good idea. I'm interested in trying this.

Meanwhile i cant even earn enough money to hold army bigger than 70 units.
Build workshops first rather than caravans. Then try to get a fief and build them for more tax income. Also, it's not a good idea to field an all-elite army. Just keep it reasonable. Fight a lot, have elites die, upgrade the mid and lower tier units, and replace the elites in a cycle.

Do you know people why bandit parties are bigger in late game? It is due to more days = bigger bandit parties or higher player’s level = bigger bandit parties? If the second one is true, then it is the reason because devs think that caravans are ok, while players find them useless.

I am a player who always argue about making the game harder, but caravans currently are not worth in my view, to a point that I simply do not buy them unless I play as Aserai Mercader (cheaper caravans and get 5k if they are defeated).

The economy is loot based, any other source of money doesn't worth at all... well you can exploit the smith also, of course.

Earning 200 denars per workshop is ridiculous when in a single medium sized battle you can earn 10k selling the loot plus ransom prisoners, even a 20 sized Sea Raier group can give you 1k easily.

So the best way to pay your wages is keep fighting all the time, many people (me included) want more pace times and more non fighting stuff, but if the economy model doesn't change longer pace periods will bankrupt many players.

BTW sometimes finding a spice vendor wanderer is really hard, if you are lucky to find one I will recommend giving her a nice horse and ensure that he has a good riding skill... as someone pointed the scout skill is also useful but honestly it is so much effort when you can get far more money just killing enemies.

Think about „Simple Bank” mod, then u can check&change your caravans leader/destination/troops/items/money. It makes caravans highly profitable

The economy is loot based, any other source of money doesn't worth at all... well you can exploit the smith also, of course.

Earning 200 denars per workshop is ridiculous when in a single medium sized battle you can earn 10k selling the loot plus ransom prisoners, even a 20 sized Sea Raier group can give you 1k easily.

So the best way to pay your wages is keep fighting all the time, many people (me included) want more pace times and more non fighting stuff, but if the economy model doesn't change longer pace periods will bankrupt many players.

BTW sometimes finding a spice vendor wanderer is really hard, if you are lucky to find one I will recommend giving her a nice horse and ensure that he has a good riding skill... as someone pointed the scout skill is also useful but honestly it is so much effort when you can get far more money just killing enemies.
Disagree about earning 200 per workshop is ridiculous. 200 per workshop means that you get back your investement in just 70 days or so, and then you continue getting this money during all the campaign. If you have 4-5 workshops, you are able to get 1K daily which is enough to do not have to worry anymore for paying your elite army wages. I am currently paying a 323 elite party + 3 clan parties with 6 workshops and 2 towns without any problem (currently earning 1400-1500 daily from these 6 workshops).

Workshops are perfectly balanced currently IMO, the problem is that caravans are more expensive and infinitely more risky, while they give similar profit (or even lower at some times) than workshop which are much safer.

I have just finished my caravan settings and working on the video itself, caravans are much worse in 1.5.10 than 1.5.9, and in very rare cases will I use caravans. I will be sending my data to @mexxico so he can hopefully chance some things. The only good thing is family members can run caravans so getting a wife with high trade skill is good. Just sending out a swift with high trade doesnt mean a lot of profit, that is why every patch I do 6+ hours of testing to find out what works best. But I agree with OP caravans in 1.5.10 arent really worth the investment and the risk unless your an aserai with the trade perk to get 5k back when caravan lost

I have just finished my caravan settings and working on the video itself, caravans are much worse in 1.5.10 than 1.5.9, and in very rare cases will I use caravans. I will be sending my data to @mexxico so he can hopefully chance some things. The only good thing is family members can run caravans so getting a wife with high trade skill is good. Just sending out a swift with high trade doesnt mean a lot of profit, that is why every patch I do 6+ hours of testing to find out what works best. But I agree with OP caravans in 1.5.10 arent really worth the investment and the risk unless your an aserai with the trade perk to get 5k back when caravan lost

Have you noticed any difference with the following Flesson?

Have you noticed any difference with the following Flesson?
100% yes, My older caravan videos show what profits are made when using other skills. This time I test medicine, tactic, scout, riding,weapon skill, trade. I run tests on all to show what really helps, you can see my 1.5.9 to see how much they increase it. I should have 1.5.10 uploaded by tomorrow. certain skills make a big difference. most people dont realize getting certain skills higher can increase profits by 50%-100%

Disagree about earning 200 per workshop is ridiculous. 200 per workshop means that you get back your investement in just 70 days or so, and then you continue getting this money during all the campaign. If you have 4-5 workshops, you are able to get 1K daily which is enough to do not have to worry anymore for paying your elite army wages. I am currently paying a 323 elite party + 3 clan parties with 6 workshops and 2 towns without any problem (currently earning 1400-1500 daily from these 6 workshops).

Workshops are perfectly balanced currently IMO, the problem is that caravans are more expensive and infinitely more risky, while they give similar profit (or even lower at some times) than workshop which are much safer.
I haven't explained correctly sorry, it becomes ridiculous when you can get 10k from a single battle... I am not suggesting increase the workshop benefits, what I wanted is decrease the money you get from loot mainly those from biggest battles. I would prefer get just a single rare item plus some food rather than a bunch of items that you can are going to shell for money.

I haven't explained correctly sorry, it becomes ridiculous when you can get 10k from a single battle... I am not suggesting increase the workshop benefits, what I wanted is decrease the money you get from loot mainly those from biggest battles. I would prefer get just a single rare item plus some food rather than a bunch of items that you can are going to shell for money.
Then we are in the same boat mate. Yes, looting income is still too high, even when it has been needed two times if I remember correctly. Maybe if battles would feel more unique and harder, it would not feel so OP as it is currently.

Then we are in the same boat mate. Yes, looting income is still too high, even when it has been needed two times if I remember correctly. Maybe if battles would feel more unique and harder, it would not feel so OP as it is currently.
I did bring this up and I believe mexxico made a small change to lower it, but as far as other ways to make income, I get met with this is a war game with trading mixed not a trading game, so for trading, caravans, and workshops a lot of people just don't care and without a lot of voices it is hard to get TW to act on things.

I get met with this is a war game with trading mixed not a trading game, so for trading, caravans, and workshops a lot of people just don't care
simply because war is more profitable.
by loot alone it is possible to get a lot of money. as a merc you can get loot and payment by hunting down single lords. as it now, workshops, caravans only serve one purpose, is to sustain us in-between war campaigns.
i think the major problem is to on what spend money. i have 3kk what do i do with it? buy armor? please.

I just finished my caravan settings video for 1.5.10. If you want to know how much you can make and suggestions to increase profits here it is.

Back
Top Bottom